Best V-shaped IEMs for ~$150?
Mar 15, 2012 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

geoxile

100+ Head-Fier
By V-shape I mean the sound signature. I used the Brainwavz M4 before and generally I don't think I'll be using it again for service and build quality issues. I've been told they're the best around for under $100 but how about a little bit more?

Right now I'm also looking at the ATH CKM77 and the ATH WS55 as well (I know they're full-sized headphones)

Mar 16, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #6 of 32
TripleFi 10, nice build quality (the cable is crap but replaceable with much durable alternatives), distinctly boosted bass and treble for that v-shaped sound. Cheap price for a triple armature. Other than the small chance of a fit issue what else do you need?

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #8 of 32

Quote:
TripleFi 10, nice build quality (the cable is crap but replaceable with much durable alternatives), distinctly boosted bass and treble for that v-shaped sound. Cheap price for a triple armature. Other than the small chance of a fit issue what else do you need?

Quote:
TF10 is your best choice.

I agree. But if you know you have small ears, you may want to try them first.

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #9 of 32
lol $150 and V-shape and IEM... none other than TF10. And if you get tired of that sound signature you always have the choice of adding drivers, or maybe not.

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #10 of 32
I have small ears the reverse trick does it for me but I ha them reshelld for sports so they dont fall out as easily. Not to say that they fall out easily.
Tf10 is a good v shaped iem. I enjoy them. I previously had fi 5 and scl4. I prefer the tf10s.

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #11 of 32
I had Monster Turbine Pro Copper before TF10.... and when I got TF10... I simply gave my MTPC to my sister... TF10 although with recessed mids.. definately has more clear mids than MTPC and the treble sparkle with the more than enough bass simply put MTPC to shame IMO. They are out for remold though... UM is making them into 6 drivers. Just want to pull some of those mids out and hopefully not lose so much of the original sound signature, not likely though... since UM is only going to keep 2 of the original drivers.

Mar 16, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #12 of 32
I'd personally rather avoid the TF10 because of the supposed fitting issues. Plus I thought the TF10 was a neutral IEM. But seriously, can anyone tell me where I can find the FX500s? I'm somewhat interested in those.

Mar 16, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #14 of 32
TF10 is definately not neutral...  a quiet sizable dip in the mids... I'd say try them out first because you might be one of those who gets perfect fit. JVC FX500... I don't think there is any US distributor... those importing sites might be the only way to go, or you can start up a Classified in the trade forum and get luck with it if you don't mind used IEMs.

Mar 16, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #15 of 32
For FX500, you can visit Bluetin Japan, they have them on stock (as well as FX700) and they're a respectable seller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back