Best used CD player for $100
Oct 1, 2004 at 4:04 AM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzoferrari650
telll us how it sounds.

Will do. Remember my experience with CD palyers isn't so diverse. I have a friend that could review it though. Big time audiophile with $thousands into his headgear.

Oct 2, 2004 at 5:57 AM Post #33 of 36
Adcom GCD-575. Nice, warm, good older deck that makes a better than average transport with a nice DAC.

Oct 2, 2004 at 1:55 PM Post #34 of 36
Another vote for old Rotels (some of them at least) the 855 was a very fine player and I really regret selling mine, I also had an old Denon DCD560 which was suprisingly good for 24.99(Ebay).

Oct 20, 2004 at 7:24 PM Post #35 of 36
Well, my quick amateur review. only listening to this via the headphone jack. Listning done with the Senns in my signature.

Sound is decent. Seems to be lacking bass, even when the volume on the headphone jack is turned up.

Soundstage seems to be non-existant. To give you some sense, the soundstage that my PC at work provides is actually better .....

The thing I can't figure out is why the heck does Phish sound so nice on this player? Is it the Senns? The horns on occasion seem to be a bit weak though. But still, Phish sounds very warm on this unit.

Would I do it again? $18+$10 shipped. Hrmm, to be honest, I am now of the opinion that if you are going used, be willing to spend $50 on the unit. Some players did pop up, granted my memmory is failing me, that I really wanted that ended up going for $80, $90. I wish I got them at this point. But for $30 shipped, who's to complain? I'll just use this one till it dies then I'll get a different player. Ateleast I can leave it on my desk at work unattended. If it were stolen, I wouldn't be very upset.

Conclusion:
I don't think anyone here want this unit unless money was VERY tight.

Worst review ever!
wink.gif

karl

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfh227
FINALLY

Bought the KYOCERA DA-310CX CD PLAYER at Ebay for $17.49.

Might not be the best CD player ever but for hte price, if it doesn't work out that great, I'll just sell it
wink.gif
The seller said it works great, so I bought it.

The one thing I noticed during my weeks at EBay. If cosmetics arn't a big issue, you can get QUITE THE DEAL! This one had a bad description and poor quality pics and the descriptuion said it had some scratches.

It has a headphone jack, so I'm happy with that. MIght take an old pioneer receiver to work and make a mini-system so I can listen to the radio.

THANKS ALL!

Oct 23, 2004 at 3:23 PM Post #36 of 36
my 2c
get a shanling s100 mkI , then decide whenever you want to get it modded.
The s100mkII which has been reported to carry the same sound signature, is sounding very good to my ears from the time he's here with me
ask if you'd need anything on , I'll answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back