Best used CD player for $100
Sep 16, 2004 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

kfh227

100+ Head-Fier
UPDATE: Got a KYOCERA DA-310CX CD PLAYER for under $30 on EBay. Hopefully it's a nice unit. i have high hopes for this one
wink.gif
Thansk for all the recomendations. Even the recent ones. Who knows. Maybe I'll catch the fever
wink.gif

OK, I've decided I don't want to get into modding/DIY stuff yet.

In this thread, I wanted to get a $100 used CD player with headphone jack

Well, now I am sold on the idea of getting seperates. The budget for the CD player is $100, but I want a used one.

So, what is a good CD player from yesteryears that was $200-$400 new that I can get today for under $100. I have been hunting though the for sale forums with no luck for several days now.

Once I purchase the CD player, I'll look into amplification via headphone amplifier.

Sep 16, 2004 at 5:37 PM Post #2 of 36
I have no idea if this is a good unit, or a good deal, but it meets all your requirements and allegedly has the "Pioneer Stable Platter" used in much, much more expensive players:

PIONEER ELITE PD-31

Sep 16, 2004 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarke68
I have no idea if this is a good unit, or a good deal, but it meets all your requirements and allegedly has the "Pioneer Stable Platter" used in much, much more expensive players:

PIONEER ELITE PD-31

Thanks for poiting that one out. Has a headphone jack laready, so the amp can come later
wink.gif

Sep 17, 2004 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzoferrari650
maybe some of the old marantz or denons if you just want a cd player.

How about the Marantz CD-48 that in the for sale forum?

For the short term, it has a headphone jack.

Sep 17, 2004 at 5:39 PM Post #7 of 36
5-Disc carousel with HDCD decoding plus a headphone output with volume control, and... it sounds mighty fine. Read the reviews at audioreview.com. I've never had any trouble with mine (bought refurb on ubid for $89).

There's one listed on ebay right now, but the description is confusing and the photo is of a Denon receiver, so you might want to give the guy an email.
600smile.gif

Sep 17, 2004 at 6:24 PM Post #8 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave-the-rave
5-Disc carousel with HDCD decoding plus a headphone output with volume control, and... it sounds mighty fine. Read the reviews at audioreview.com. I've never had any trouble with mine (bought refurb on ubid for $89).

There's one listed on ebay right now, but the description is confusing and the photo is of a Denon receiver, so you might want to give the guy an email.
600smile.gif

I saw another auction at EBay for a Marantz and the product in the subject line was totally different than the product in the description. Wierd huh?

Sep 17, 2004 at 6:42 PM Post #9 of 36
Sep 17, 2004 at 7:35 PM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
How bout a vintage PCDP?

No, not interested in one of those. Did think about it early on and it's something I've simply ruled out.

Sep 20, 2004 at 12:09 AM Post #14 of 36
These things are everywhere, and the audio on some is amazing! I'm using a Toshiba SD-1200 in my main rig, but alas, no phone jack.

Laz

Sep 20, 2004 at 1:56 AM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short
These things are everywhere, and the audio on some is amazing! I'm using a Toshiba SD-1200 in my main rig, but alas, no phone jack.

Laz

I have considered a DVD player and would go wtih one if the price was right. I'm only sconcerned with Red-Book though.

Karl

PS: THere is a Marantz CD-48 with a simply horrible descrioption. I might try grabbing it. Seller has incredbile feedback, so I'm assuming it's working. It's only $10 right now with 9 minutes to go. I think it's worth the gamble. If I don't get it, a CD63-SE is up. Currently at $60 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back