Best "ultimate" headphones for rock/heavy metal
Aug 4, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #46 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5Zilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Instead of putting all the fund into headphone.. why not separate them to dac/amp/headphone?

like pico dac>MAD ear+>RS-1 over PS1000 by itself.. just wondering

HP, like loudspeaker, puts more distortion into signal than any good working electronics. That's why HP give the most siginificative sound signature to a whole setup. You will never make a RS-1 sounds like a PS-1000 with whatever you put in front of it.

So, IMHO, if the PS-1000 is your phone (it could be any other HP) you generally better get it first and match the rest of the system around it later when fund will permit. But...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5Zilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be honest, I don't think your soundcard gonna do any justice to PS1000 at all.

I agree. So if corentin still plan to use this setup in long term, he is in a dead end. He better get a RS-1 with such a source/amp a forget about the ultimate rock/heavy setup.

The solution is to get a dedicated amp to drive the PS-1000 or whatever other high-end cans.

Aug 4, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #47 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by corentin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem is, I cannot find the RS-1 where I live. Hasn't it been discontinued?

Check the for sale forum there's almost always a few RS-1 listed there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by corentin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IF I really were to hear dramatic improvement in sound when comparing my STX soudcard to a dedicated reasonably-priced amp, then I might consider getting one, but that would be after I get the PS1000 and after I get my Dynaudios focus 110A...

1. You will surely get a better sound quality out a good dedicated amp vs a cheap IC based amplifier alimented by an a noisy computer switching power supply.

2. If the PS-1000 are anything like the GS-1000 for amplifier drive and matching, there's even a good chance they'll sound like crap out of your sound card.

If you live in the US I think you can order form TTVJ and return you're cans (must be in perfect shape) within 30 days if not satisfied. I think there are also other US based seller using this policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back