Best triple BA drivers?
Jul 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Rookie Rooster

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I'm fairly new to the IEM world and really want a good start, so I've narrowed down the huge list of IEMs into the few promising ones... but still, I can't decide, and since it'll be my first BA IEM ever, I have NO experience with any of them... I have a $300-$400 budget, and a few choices:
Sony XBA-3
Westone 3
Shure 535
Logitech UE 900
I can also accept other suggestions and other models like Westone 4R and Sony XBA-4 if they do have a significant difference in the sound quality... thanks...

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #2 of 20
You've already asked this question several times in other treads you've started,
Nobody can make this decision for you. your best bet is to try them yourself. What you've listed there are 2 bass heavy IEMs (sony and westone), one neutral-ish (UE900) all rounder and a upper mid/lower treble centric IEM.

Jul 22, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:
Thanks... so how about the UE 900s? I thought they were supposed to be the Triple fi's successors, aren't they? Do they have any significant improvements???

they are suppposed to be. but imo i thought the build quality was sup=par of other iem's in thier price range. i felt like it was a slightly overdone tf10. and when you take into consideration you can get the tf10 for half their price and imo the 900s are only marginally better. imo their not worth it.

not to mention you can get the tf10s and a decent cable and still come out with money vs the 900

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #9 of 20
they are suppposed to be. but imo i thought the build quality was sup=par of other iem's in thier price range. i felt like it was a slightly overdone tf10. and when you take into consideration you can get the tf10 for half their price and imo the 900s are only marginally better. imo their not worth it.

not to mention you can get the tf10s and a decent cable and still come out with money vs the 900

I owned the 900s first and I completely agree with moose. The 10s are obviously related although less neutral, but for the price difference I'm glad I chose them.

Jul 23, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #11 of 20
Had the TF10s but my cables are currently in repair. I'd suggest the H-200, it's a hybrid, single Dynamic + Dual BA, it handles the lows very well, and IMO, outperforms the Tf10s even on full out presentation/soundstage.

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #12 of 20
IMO Shure SE535, UM3x, ATH-CK100Pro and W4 are amazing for the price and they are upgrade over TF10Pro with better built quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back