Best Transportable Amp
Aug 25, 2008 at 2:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Pangaea

Headphoneus Supremus
I find that I do most of my listening at a desktop, whether it be at home or somewhere in travel. When I am truly on the go, I generally do not even use an amp as it is too cumbersome. So recently I have been interested in tracking down a good transportable solution. One which is not necessarily pocket sized but certainly mobile with rechargeable batteries, or at least user changeable batteries and can drive full sized headphones. Something along the lines of a Lisa, but since I have already owned a Lisa I am looking for other options. I am leaning towards a iQube, but are there other amps that would be better SQ if not slightly larger. Not interested in something that must always have AC power to run.

Would like to keep the price on or below $500, I mostly listen to rock (all kinds), jazz and acoustic based music...

Thanks...

Aug 25, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 5
Couldnt go wrong with the iqube!
Is a very civilised neutral sounding amp and is definitely transportable!
Battery life is great and powers everything ive thrown at it with no problems!

Aug 25, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatethatgiraffe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Couldnt go wrong with the iqube!
Is a very civilised neutral sounding amp and is definitely transportable!
Battery life is great and powers everything ive thrown at it with no problems!

Except it sucked with the K701 and HD600 at the last meet I went to.
tongue.gif

Aug 25, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 5
I would agree, the Lisa is a very nice amp. But looking for something new. I like the build quality of the iQube and aesthetics. I have also heard the SQ is very nice. Probably leaning towards the iQube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back