Best tips to listen with ER6i with?
Dec 6, 2008 at 8:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Waveblade

100+ Head-Fier
The tri-flanges seem good but I'd rather have a bit more bass and I hear that some silicone tips might be better.

I haven't used the foam tips that came with it, I just don't like using foam tips personally.

I've been hearing about the shure olives but I'd rather not have something that I have to replace over a period of time (silicone tips shouldn't need to be replaced unless you lose them or damage them right?)

What would be best?

I've previously used the EP-830s that came with the Zen X-fi and the JVC air cushions so yeah, it's too bad I gave those away (or returned the Zen X-Fi due to shipping damage!).

Dec 6, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #2 of 9
The tri flanges (which are silicone) work fine for me. You have to have a good seal though. Some prefer more bass than the Ety's deliver. I think they are great, especially if you can get the $50 deal on them.

Dec 6, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 9
The foamies that come with them are of two kinds. The cellulose for any brand are never worth much. The stock urethanes tend to be a little large. So, for foamies - you want Comply. But, foamies usually lose their resilience inside of two weeks, which gets expensive - I reserve their use for planes. The more practical tip has been the Softflex (they're Grey) made for Shure.

Dec 6, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #5 of 9
Maybe you need a better seal. Try pulling your ear up when inserting the tips so straighten out the ear canal. Or try lubricating the tips(making them slightly wet or licking them) before inserting. If the tri-flange tips are too long, you may have to mod them to bi-flanges so they do not seal as deep.

The search tool is your friend, there's several threads around about modding tips(removing the largest flange).

Dec 6, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #6 of 9
I've used the ear gels from my Klipsch Image X5s with great success and comfort.
Highly recommended, if you can manage to get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back