Best Sub 300$ IEM's?
May 4, 2008 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

the rev

100+ Head-Fier
Used with :iPod classic, LOD, amp.
Used for: Working out 10%/riding motorcycle to/from work 90%.

Anything to suggest with a nice bass slam? I want a thick, rich, in your face sound. Also, not to fall out when jogging.

I owned super.fi 3's and they had nice SQ for the price, but a bit anemic on the bass. I hated the super.fi's feel. I've eyeballed the SE530s, AH-C700, super.fi 5 EB.

Any more suggestions? Much thanks.

May 4, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #2 of 8
Hi Rev, I have a bike too and am replacing my good but aged E2Cs. Looked online at everything, and it was down to the Ultimate Ears triple.fi and the Shure SE530s. Picked the SE530s based on much internet research-looks like the Shures fit better and-unless you listen to alot of classical music the Shures get great kudos. I also didn't like how the Triple.fis stuck out-with a helmet it might be a bit odd.

Let me know what you decide and good luck driving man!

May 4, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryneyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Rev, I have a bike too and am replacing my good but aged E2Cs. Looked online at everything, and it was down to the Ultimate Ears triple.fi and the Shure SE530s. Picked the SE530s based on much internet research-looks like the Shures fit better and-unless you listen to alot of classical music the Shures get great kudos. I also didn't like how the Triple.fis stuck out-with a helmet it might be a bit odd.

Let me know what you decide and good luck driving man!

Yeah, thats what i worried about with buying super.fi's again. i really disliked their stock tips.

so you like your SE's? are they worth the buck you feel? how's the bass? and how much you pay for them, where? thanks!

May 4, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #4 of 8
After reading a lot I think Triple fis have that wow factor... which IMO is really required if you are spending 300+ to buy something
so go with the tf10's
wink.gif
. I don't have them but will have them sooooon.....
biggrin.gif

May 4, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #5 of 8
I'll say keep your eye open for Head-Direct's RE1. It is not on sell yet, but the SQ is on par of TF10 IMO (check out my review in my signature). Head-Direct is on CanJam now so my guess is more impression will come in as soon as people start listening to them.

May 4, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #6 of 8
I'd also be curious to hear about helmet friendly iem's. I've got the e2c and find them useless for this purpose, since my helmet always snags the can when I put it on and I can't maintain a good seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back