Best SQ DAP playing flac
Dec 6, 2008 at 8:49 AM Post #31 of 34
Another vote goes to Sanza Fuze with micro SDHC card.

I think it is the best option for two reasons at least for me.
  • Cost performance ratio
  • Expandability

Other competing FLAC player is COWON D2. Marvelous player with lots of features. But if you are interested in SQ (FLAC) it is known to have a bass roll-off and its frequency curve is not flat at all. Sana Fuze is cheaper than D2. But if you want to shape the Frequency curve by EQ go for D2.

Having got the SDHC expandability is like having a micro CD player with you. I love it. If you buy couple of 8GB SDHC cards with a cheap card reader, you have two 8GB CDs with FLAC files. Wonderful!

Dec 6, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #32 of 34
And of course there is a third factor too. Size!!!

This Fuze is tiny. I sold my H140 for mainly its size. Further it doesn't have any hiss at all.

But the battery life with FLAC is bit low. You would get just 6-7 hours perhaps. (My first charge) Things may improve.

But I bought one of these to charge if it goes down when I am travelling.

sa05_device.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 1:28 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And of course there is a third factor too. Size!!!

This Fuze is tiny. I sold my H140 for mainly its size. Further it doesn't have any hiss at all.

But the battery life with FLAC is bit low. You would get just 6-7 hours perhaps. (My first charge) Things may improve.

But I bought one of these to charge if it goes down when I am travelling.

sa05_device.gif

Hey Kaushama - what is the little portable battery charger that you have pictured? Looks like that would come in very handy. Also do you have to have the card reader to load .flac files on the SDHC card?

And what is the best way to organize your flac files for playback? Currently I use EAC to rip to flac and I keep the CD's organized on the computer in folders by artist. They are tagged by EAC but I don't use playlists on my computer.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back