Best SQ DAP playing flac
Dec 3, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #16 of 34
I went for the 4 GB Fuze from Newegg - $48 including shipping, couldn't resist.
I'm holding off on the Micro SDHC for now to see what prices do. I saw a 8 GB for $16 - I guess I could get two of those and swap them out as needed.

I'm going to research the iMod more as well. That may be the next step. The info on the Red Wine Audio site is intriguing. Wish I could listen to one somewhere but getting info. here at Head-Fi is the next best thing.

Thanks for the responses everybody!

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #18 of 34
Of course maybe your talking Micro SDHC
smily_headphones1.gif
This is why I like the D2 uses the standard SDHC cards haha.

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #19 of 34
Not sure I understand the difference between the cards - Micro is obviously smaller but is it not as good? The Fuze uses micro SD or SDHC. There are a lot of different brands - Kingston, Sandisk, etc. Which are best? Does it make a difference?

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #21 of 34
So then class equals speed? - and the regular SDHC cards are available up to class 6? Is class 2 a limiting problem in playback of flac files in terms of SQ? What about using a reg. to micro adaptor to use with the Fuze so you can utilize a higher class card?

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #22 of 34
You can't go much wrong with an iMod -> Rockbox -> FLAC imo.
smile.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by rms /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure I understand the difference between the cards - Micro is obviously smaller but is it not as good? The Fuze uses micro SD or SDHC. There are a lot of different brands - Kingston, Sandisk, etc. Which are best? Does it make a difference?

Word over at the Sandisk hosted Fuze Forum is that the Fuze has problems with video off the Kingston sd cards; Audio/music is no problem with either. Only Sandisk makes 16gb right now and they say a 32gb card is in the works (release date and price unknown).

Dec 5, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #28 of 34
DIYMPD/IMOD->LOD->(PVCAP??)->AMP->HP->you

there is also another thing that adds to the SQ. but it will also blow a whole in your pocket and make you rig about twice as heavy. But after all that it sound magic

Dec 6, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #29 of 34
Rio Karma, if you could find one in good condition. You wont need an amp for most mid-level headphones. It drives my shure se530's effortlessly and they sound gorgeous paired with it (beats the pants off of my iriver h140/h320).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back