Best sq dap for UE super fi 5 pros?
May 1, 2008 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

BigDave

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, recently purchased these iem's and have been using them with an old 40gb click wheel ipod but need a dap for jogging. Need some experience and advice from people who have/heard these iems and what the best sounding dap is for them. Been seriously considering the cowon d2...but am open to suggestions.

cheers,

May 1, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #2 of 26
From an exercise point of view, I'd say go cheap, but not in quality. My sansa clip sounds really good with the UE 5 Pro's and can be tweaked to get the right sound out of them. Also, since the UE's are easy to drive, the clip is more than a match for them. Also, since the clip on the clip ( no joke intended ) attaches securely while exercising, it might be a better alternative to the D2. Just a thought, but I'd say the clip is more than match in sound quality to my 80GB classic with the UE's.

May 2, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #3 of 26
cheers for that, callanish. will have to check out the sansa (had not considered them before). still interested to hear from people who have the 5 pro's and cowon d2's (if they are out there). or maybe an iriver x20? really prefer to be able to change volume and play/pause while walking (like the ipod). I know the d2 enables you to do that, even when the hold button is on.

May 2, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #5 of 26
I use mine with the iAudio U3, combined with the EQ (vocal setting) and it sounds absolutely amazing, transparant and detailed.

May 2, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #7 of 26
yeah, can jog with iems. just have to do it in time with the music. still thinking about the d2.....is it in a diff league sq wise in comparison to the sansa clip?

May 2, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #8 of 26
Another vote for the Clip....

May 4, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #9 of 26
so many people like the clip! Hope I can get it locally. Would think about getting it in the 2gb (just to try it out) as well as the d2....if I had people with the 5 pro's who had listened to the d2. Would people consider the 5 pro's to be as analytical and detailed as the ety's? from what I read the ety's don't match up well with the d2 because of their sound sig. Are the UE's a better match due to their diff sound sig?

May 4, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #10 of 26
I too have the 5.pro's and they really do sound amazing with the clip,even better than with the Sony A816 and my ZVM.It looks like you've already made up yer mind about the D2 though.If it's only for jogging then why buy something so expensive ?.The clip costs a fraction of the price with excellent SQ.

May 4, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #11 of 26
ok, well that sinks it. definitely getting a clip. cheers, vinny, will source one out and grab one asap. Sigh, was just hoping that someone would push me toward the d2, as I do like the idea of being able to play video's and show off a new toy. But I appreciate sq more...

May 4, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok, well that sinks it. definitely getting a clip. cheers, vinny, will source one out and grab one asap. Sigh, was just hoping that someone would push me toward the d2, as I do like the idea of being able to play video's and show off a new toy. But I appreciate sq more...

Dont let me be the one who makes the decision for you.It's your money.Maybe you could get a Clix for your video and the clip for yer jogging.That way you'll have a good choice for both and you'll prolly still come out cheaper than the D2.

I know here in Holland it would be anyway.
wink.gif

May 4, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDave /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd say the clip is at least worth auditioning first to find out if it fills your needs. The one area where I believe you won't be dissapointed is in the quality of the audio. Wish I knew more about the D2 to give you a balance. Worst case, you could always return the clip if it fails to meet your expectations.

May 5, 2008 at 11:27 AM Post #14 of 26
not as easy to return stuff here in Australia as it is in USA. However, it only cost me 60 bucks for the 2gb clip delivered and have ordered it to try it out. For that price, I can always give it to my daughter if I don't like it. Just read the thread on comparison between the e280 and the clip, nice to know that the person doing the testing was using a pair of UE 5 pro's. Gotta be a sign.

May 8, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #15 of 26
The Sansa Clip...i adore it.
Using it with Shure E500's and i now prefer my portable setup to my home gear.
Getting a 4GB Clip, that way i have a spare in case they stop making them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back