Best speakers with $150 budget?
Nov 15, 2017 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

chewy4

Headphoneus Supremus
Great sound is obviously the main priority, but I don't want anything too big and not sure how much room I have for a subwoofer(does it have to be right next to the speakers?)

Ideally I want stereo but if there's an extremely good single speaker out there that'd be great.

Bluetooth support is a huge pro, but again if there's something amazing in the range that doesn't support it, it's not a dealbreaker.

Portability is a plus but not at the cost of sound quality.

I'd like to be able to use this for parties and possibly as speakers for my TV.

Absolutely no benefit of going below budget. This is a company gift and I can choose anything up to $150. But I can't go above.

So far this seems to be my best bet: https://www.amazon.com/Edifier-R170...016PATXSI/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Anyone have any other recommendations or feedback on this one? Also, could I later add a subwoofer to these?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 2
Great sound is obviously the main priority, but I don't want anything too big and not sure how much room I have for a subwoofer(does it have to be right next to the speakers?)

Somewhere between them (especially if you're not sitting far from the speakers and the sub) and not too low. If you're sitting farther out the sub can be on the floor nearer to one of them. Basically they all need to be as equidistant as possible to your head.

Ideally I want stereo but if there's an extremely good single speaker out there that'd be great.

Music is recorded across two channels so there's no way for a single speaker to be "extremely" good considering ti's already handicapped. Just avoid getting a really crappy stereo speaker that just totally loses on every front and can't even win on imaging.

If you have nowhere near the satellites to place the sub then get the Edifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back