Best speakers for my computer under 75?
Oct 25, 2008 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Cookieeater144

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for a pair of speakers to use with my computer/ps3. I'm not an audiophile yet I still want the best quality possible. It would be ok if the setup includes a subwoofer or not, that isn't a huge deal to me. I don't want a setup that requires around 5-6 speakers though, I'd rather just have 2 speakers or 2 speakers/one subwoofer. Thanks.
o2smile.gif

Oct 26, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 5
If you want power for gaming you can get the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 or the Logitech Z2300, or if you're planning to listen to music you can get some Swan M-10s. I got a set of Promedias for 83 bucks a few years ago new and the M-10 is $109 new and around 60 or 70 B-Stock from The Audio Insider. I liked the Promedias a lot they were my first decent computer speakers. To use the Promedias and probably the Z2300s you'll probably have to get an RCA to mini adapter.

Oct 27, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #3 of 5
$75 is pretty low. If you can get the promedias for that little then go for it, everyone I have talked to who has heard them likes them.

If you can't find them for that then get a pair of Realistic Minimus 77 from ebay for nearly nothing ($20 shipped). And grab an old SANSUI reciever from ebay as well for almost nothing ($50 shipped).

I have done this a few times now for different garage systems and whatnot. Sometimes you can get a really good deal. Almost all of the Sansui stuff (especially if it has wood on it) is pretty decent, and the Realistics (although leaving something to be desired) are also quite good for the money. This also lets you get better speakers if you want, use the headphone amp in the Sansui, which is better than your computer's, and upgrade the receiver when you want. It's also standalone, so if you get a better computer rig, it can still run Kitchen/Garage/Basement duty.

Nov 2, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #5 of 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back