Best speakers for Asus Xonar Essence ST below 500$????
Nov 24, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #16 of 21
Tweak City Audio (now Chase Home Theatre) Waf-1 pair + Gizmo amp.  $234 Shipped. + Sub of your choice...look around and you can find good ones for $250 or less.

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #20 of 21
Hmmm, site is working fine for me.  The setup is great with my STX, I am loving it.  I don't even really feel the need for a subwoofer as I just use this setup for casual listening/computer speakers.  

I highly recommend it, the speakers look awesome as well.

Another company you could look at is Napa Acoustic.  Their 208S speakers with the 208A hybrid tube/solid state amplifier is $598 shipped, but they have an end of the year special right now.  Their 208S speakers came with speaker wire so you would just need an RCA cable.  Just google these product models and you'll hear great things about them from people who reviewed this setup at various shows.  Some agree its the best budget hi-fi company.  The speakers are also piano lacquer, so cosmetically, it looks a little but better with a modern computer desktop.

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #21 of 21
Sorry for revive this but i dont see any point on creating a new thread.

Im in the very same position
Yesterday i bought on fleabay 1 pair of Tannoys reveal 501a (NEW IN THE BOX) and 1 pair of Bx8a Deluxe (USED). Why the second pair you may ask....well, i got a little excited on a very good deal and bam....i won both auctions.

Thing is im not in USA so shipping cost will be like TOO MUCH for both of them so i guess ill need a little advice here bout it.

Im thinking on using them on my computer as an entertaiment center.
I have an Asus Essence ST paired with the DT880pro 250 and since i got these and started reading bout quality sound i became a little picky and thank god my old 5.1 logitech (G51) started to die recently i decided to get a new speakers set but i wanted it to be quality stuff according to my price range.

They will be used mostly for music (hardrock, hardcore, progressive, some instrumental latin sounds and a little jazz) and for my movies wich is why i have my tv hdmi connected.

Thing is, which one suits me better?

And BTW the remaining pair will be put on sale cuz shipping costs are way to much and they'd better stay in usa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back