Best Soundtrack to Computer/Console Game?
Oct 2, 2001 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

DarkAngel

DarkAngel's a man, baby!
Some music used in games can be annoying or dumb, but other games have fantastic soundtracks, what are the best you have heard?

1) techno soundtrack to PS1 game Wipeout.......wow! Chemical
Brothers, Prodigy etc.......my all time favorite.

2)Trent Reznor soundtrack to Quake 1........very creepy/atmospheric

3)Didn't PS1 game Ridge Racer 1 have pretty cool music?

What else?............

Oct 2, 2001 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 48
My favorites are:

1. Final Fantasy VI (SNES) - Incredible orchestral score, I never tire of it.

2. Castlevania: SOTN (PSX) - Awesome mood setting music

3. Castlevania: COTM (GBA) - Same as above, but not cd quality obviously

Oct 2, 2001 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 48
uhmmm.. Mega Man 3 anyone? download the main theme on MP3 here http://mpeg.macnn.com/megaman3/music/mp3/intro.mp3

and I might be mistaken but I believe Bubble Bobble is an oldskoolNES favorite. And who can forget that infectious theme song? Listen to a cool remix of it even, right here . It's a zip file, very small. Unzip it, it's an mp3. And ROCKIN'!!!!

Better yet, listen to the original Bubble Bobble theme in sweet cheesy midi format! http://taito.overclocked.org/bbobble/bbobble_mid.zip

or Bubble Bobble marching band mix, MP3 version: http://taito.overclocked.org/bubsym/bsingame.zip

Oct 2, 2001 at 9:07 PM Post #4 of 48
better yet.. just go here for NES midi music... they have a bunch of old favorites: Dr. Mario, Dragon Warrior, Zelda, Mega Man, Kid Icarus, Metriod, Faxandu, Castlevania, Ice Climber, Double Dragon.....

okay.. i'll stop babbling about nintendo (Nintendo = Nofriendo..)
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2001 at 9:25 PM Post #5 of 48
I thought the soundtrack to Jet Grind Radio for dreamcast was quite good.

But of course I have still love those classics that were mentioned like Tetris and Dr. Mario for NES.

Oct 2, 2001 at 9:40 PM Post #6 of 48
I'll second Jet Grind Radio, it has a really fun soundtrack.

All-time favorite is still Final Fantasy II (Japanese IV). FF III (Japanese VI) is a close second. Skies of Arcadia for Dreamcast is extremely good. Of course, RPGs have traditionally excelled in this area.

Also, Alice for the PC is really cool as well. It's very atmospheric, fits perfectly w/ the game (which I highly recommend, BTW). I believe it's going to be released on CD very soon.

Oct 2, 2001 at 9:58 PM Post #7 of 48
Descent2 (and descent2 Vertigo Mission series)

I love industrial music.. So...

Both have their music done by Type-O, and Ogre (Skinny Puppy).

Makes for some killer robot blasting hours.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2001 at 11:09 PM Post #10 of 48
DarkAngel, you're right, Ridge Racer 1 on PSX had AWESOME music! Great techno! I played that game for hours just so I could listen to it :p

Anyway, Descent had good music, as did Symphony of the Night on PSX or Saturn, either one...

Oct 2, 2001 at 11:13 PM Post #11 of 48
The original Descents midis are to die for. But I figured that was far beyond you guys. Guess not.
smily_headphones1.gif

My friend always raved about the music in Wipeout, too.. Not sure which one. He's into electronic music, and stuff like that..

Oct 2, 2001 at 11:23 PM Post #13 of 48
O M G !
The soundtrack fron Descent 2 has TON and Ogre, Gothic/Industrial/Metal what a combo......whish I had heard this!
CD now playing, TON "Bloody Kisses"

I was waiting to see who would be brave enough to admit they
like Mario/Sonic/Donkey Kong music.........he,he,he

Oct 3, 2001 at 12:20 AM Post #15 of 48
Descent 2 had some awesome tracks...Final Fantasy VII had some nice ones...MDK 2 had some nice ones...oh and the tracks for Gran Turismo 3 totally r0x0rs my b0x0rs.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back