Best sounding solution to run 2 headphones from one portable* source?
May 25, 2009 at 3:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

CDBacklash

1000+ Head-Fier
I figure this is a cable thing (I suspect a splitter is the best option if I want to run two headphones from a DAP at any time).
I've only experienced splitters that sound awful. Are there any good sounding splitters or are they universally bad?
What is the best way SQ wise short of having a second dap?

May 25, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #2 of 7
This may be totally out of the blue but... nuforce icon mobile? It has two line outs, if I remember correctly. Other than that, I have a standard belkin splitter and it does sound like junk.

May 25, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #3 of 7
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006BK5A8/...0&linkCode=asn
31b844b6w8lsl500aa280.jpg

Kimber makes a nice one but its quarter inch, I think the best thing to do would be to have someone make one for you.

May 25, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #4 of 7
It's not so much the splitter's fault as it is that you're dividing power output between two headphones. Your DAP barely has enough power to drive one at a time.

May 25, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #5 of 7
I ran the splitter from my soundcard (before I got my gear) with low low end easy to drive stuff.
should mention I dont have a DAP at the moment (just incase I need to get one with two outputs) though I think I will be getting a sansa clip
Thanks for the info of course.
More of a future-proofing thing for when my partner and I want to listen to the same music at the same time away form the PC
wink.gif

May 25, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #6 of 7
Headroom Airhead. Those were designed with two phone ports, and I'm sure you can find a used one pretty cheap.

May 25, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #7 of 7
sounds like a good solution for me moogoob! Given purchases coming up its a bit outside what I wanted to spend, but I should be able to have enough money to bulk what I want shortly after my birthday.
Thanks mates
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back