Best Sounding Portable Setup for $100 or less?
Aug 23, 2019 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mamamia88

100+ Head-Fier
Just got my pixel 3a and it just sounds flat. I'd rather have something that brings my music to life preferably with the option to use Bluetooth as well. A clip would be nice but if a super large battery is available that might be worth not having a clip. Any suggestions? I have an old Moto e and 128gb card lying around. Just use that and some kind of small dac?

Aug 23, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 7
Just got my pixel 3a and it just sounds flat. I'd rather have something that brings my music to life preferably with the option to use Bluetooth as well. A clip would be nice but if a super large battery is available that might be worth not having a clip. Any suggestions? I have an old Moto e and 128gb card lying around. Just use that and some kind of small dac?

It depends on what you’re looking for. There are various option from simple dac amps to fully functional player. If you need a bluetooth receiver, then I would consider the Shanling M0. I have an M0 and I think is a great little device. It can be used as both a bluetooth receiver and a usb dac. It has enough power for iems and sounds really good. I don’t know if it is the best, but it is worth considering.

Aug 23, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #3 of 7
Might be worth considering a tempotec sonata hd dac/amp. About 30ish usd.
Uses lightning connector and can also be a usb dac with phone or desktop. Can drive all of my headphones and IEMs so far with better sound quality.

Aug 24, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #4 of 7
It depends on what you’re looking for. There are various option from simple dac amps to fully functional player. If you need a bluetooth receiver, then I would consider the Shanling M0. I have an M0 and I think is a great little device. It can be used as both a bluetooth receiver and a usb dac. It has enough power for iems and sounds really good. I don’t know if it is the best, but it is worth considering.
If a Sansa clip or whatever is less bulky in my pocket than a daisy chained setup I'd rather do something like that tbh. Currently looking at those little dac/amps which look like they are just a cable that plugs into USB c and output to a headphone jack. But I still want to be able to use Bluetooth for when I'm just walking around town and don't want to be tripping over the wire

Aug 24, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #5 of 7
Might be worth considering a tempotec sonata hd dac/amp. About 30ish usd.
Uses lightning connector and can also be a usb dac with phone or desktop. Can drive all of my headphones and IEMs so far with better sound quality.
Is AliExpress the only option to buy? I'd prefer a name bran but, that sounds about right.

Aug 24, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #6 of 7
Is AliExpress the only option to buy? I'd prefer a name bran but, that sounds about right.

I got mine at Aliexpress, and there's a sale going to start 28/08/19, where it will be even cheaper.
There is a HIDIZS version and a tempotec version, they are essentially the same, so get whichever is cheaper. I think HIDIZS has its own online shop too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back