Best Sounding Mp3 player
Mar 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #16 of 31
I realize no one has responded to this thread in a few months, but I'd like to include a comment/question, etc. . .

With all of the brands mentioned here, I don't recall seeing anything here about Zune. Last year I briefly owned a Zune 16gb (I think it must have been the 2nd gen edition, but I don't know for sure --- glossy black on the front, very sharp looking, IMO). I recall the SQ was actually quite impressive (definitely a step-up from any iPod I had ever owned). But I didn't think the software was very user-friendly, and I'm thinking this had something to do with me eventually getting rid of it.

Anyway I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but I find myself once again in the market for another digital music player, and have my eye on that same Zune once again (I don't think I gave myself enough time to get used to the software the first time 'round). I have tried many players over the past 3 to 6 months, including Sansa Clip+, Cowon i9, and Sony Walkman E-354 (not to mention way too many Apple products as well). I just don't think I gave the Zune enough of a fair shake before sending it back. But I really do miss that particular SQ, though.

So, anyway (sorry for such a lengthy post), I just wanted to see if anyone else shares my liking (or even doesn't share my liking) for the SQ of the Zune player.

Does anyone have any overall opinions you'd like to share about Zune. . .if so, I'd love to hear what you have to say. . .especially before I go ahead and fork out another $120 or so, for another one.

Thanks!!

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #18 of 31

Quote:
I'm new to all of this but I've just bought a Clip+ thanks to this place, actually shocked at how good it is.

I've read so much comments about how good the Clip+ is, but it's only $40.. how can it be so good? Would it be better than my laptop's built in audio quality? And how would it compare to the Cowons or even the Fiio E17?

Jul 21, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #22 of 31
Jul 22, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #25 of 31
tera :),
it takes tome to get used to it but after the awkward hour or so that you think about "y don't i have a screen?" "y can't i just pause songs?" ant etc you just fall in love with that player.

it's so small, really small, crazy small and the sound Q is among the best out there, it's just a crazy player.

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #30 of 31
I think it all comes to "How Much" of an audiophile one wants to be.

1000+ is a number I wouldnt spend on a DAP. I'd rather buy one of the vintage discman players & listen to hard copy CDs.
Quote:
I guess the more appropriate question would be, what is the best in these price range?

under $100

$100-200

200-500

500-1000

1000+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back