Best sounding clip-ons (in your opinion)
Jan 20, 2009 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

vvanrij

Headphoneus Supremus
I only know of the Koss and the Audio Technica ATH-EW9, are there any more, and if you know more, could you rank them? Thanks so much, I need some beach headphones, full-size scares the chicks away.

Jan 20, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #3 of 18
If you're trying to attract the ladies, I for one probably wouldn't go with the KSC75s. I hate how they look, but love how they sound.
ksc75smile.gif
Speaking of Koss, the KSC35 would be a nice choice. It actually looks pretty decent, but they're pretty hard to find nowadays.

Audio Technica make a few stylish (at least more stylish than the KSC75...) clip ons. You mentioned the EW9, that's one. There's the EM7, EM700 and EM9. Apparently, the main issue with them is that they all seem to lack bass (bass boost apparently helps). I myself would like to get some opinions on these ATs - I think I'd like to give the EM700 a try one day.

Aside from Koss and AT, I'm not too sure if there are any other worthwhile clip-ons out there...

Jan 20, 2009 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 18
Well the Audio Technica's really look good, always a nice conversation starter.

Jan 20, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #6 of 18
I have a corda 3move, will that be sufficient? Also I can find little information about them, nor where they are sold.

Jan 20, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #7 of 18
head-direct.com is where they are sold...

for reviews, use the search function or head over to techpowerup.com...

Jan 20, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauntell47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
head-direct.com is where they are sold...

for reviews, use the search function or head over to techpowerup.com...

Thank you so much for the tip on the search function...
rolleyes.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #9 of 18
KS75 the best imho

Jan 21, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a corda 3move, will that be sufficient? Also I can find little information about them, nor where they are sold.

More than sufficient. In fact, 3MOVE has great synergy with G1.

Jan 21, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #11 of 18
I have always liked clip-ons for situations where quick on/off is necessary. I love my Audio-Technica ATH-EW9's. The quality is relatively good. I wouldn't buy clip-ons if sound quality is your primary concern. If convenience is a primary concern, and you want good sound quality in addition, then I would highly recommend the Audio-Technica ATH-EW9's. The only other pair of clip-ons that I have tried were some Sonys several years back. (I don't remember the model number) They didn't even come close to the Audio-Technica ATH-EW9's.

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #12 of 18
Gotta love the look of the EW9s. What type of cable do they have, Y or L (around the neck)? May I also ask the same question about the Yuin G1s? I like clip ons for running - The KSC75s sound great, but I wish they'd have the more "sporty" around the neck cable... less wire to get distracted by.

Jan 21, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only know of the Koss and the Audio Technica ATH-EW9, are there any more, and if you know more, could you rank them? Thanks so much, I need some beach headphones, full-size scares the chicks away.

I disagree. I think women like people that are different and stand out, not the average dull guy. Of course, if you feel negative about yourself wearing big phones on the beach, then they'll pick up on that; however, if you wear them win confidence and style, that'll play in your favor.
bigsmile_face.gif

I like forsberg's idea, though, matching skullcandies with your trunks. I'm pretty sure most women WILL notice that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back