best soundcard for amped headphones
Apr 20, 2004 at 10:29 PM Post #61 of 72
go to the headroom site and look at teh hd650's look at the price and look at the thing thats says lower pricing avail. and have them send it to u in an email you'll see what I'm talking about

Apr 21, 2004 at 4:14 AM Post #62 of 72
I'm very surprised again.I thought RME is a great card a whole level above 6-fire/revo/EWX/AUPH.Then i've read that modding the card makes it sound even alot better than stock version.Now,here's a 199 dollar card that even unmodded sounds better than modded RME.Someone must be giving his exaggerated subjective judgements here.Or may be that card is really so good,it be a steal then!

Apr 21, 2004 at 4:22 AM Post #63 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by cadobhuk
I'm very surprised again.I thought RME is a great card a whole level above 6-fire/revo/EWX/AUPH.Then i've read that modding the card makes it sound even alot better than stock version.Now,here's a 199 dollar card that even unmodded sounds better than modded RME.Someone must be giving his exaggerated subjective judgements here.Or may be that card is really so good,it be a steal then!

Well hopefully I will find out tomorrow just how good this little $199 card is compared to the best-modded RME around. I will not BS it either way, because I simply want the best sound, so if the EMU sounds better, I will not hold back in saying so (i.e. I will not say the RME is better just because I currently own one). If it does sound as good as Sdiubek says, then this card is quite a steal, becuase it wil likely be the best-sounding PCI-card solution out there right now.

Apr 21, 2004 at 12:40 PM Post #64 of 72
I just realized this card takes up 2 PCI slots. Thats too bad. I wont have room for it in my shuttle rig. *sigh*
mad.gif

Apr 21, 2004 at 2:26 PM Post #65 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProParadox
I just realized this card takes up 2 PCI slots. Thats too bad. I wont have room for it in my shuttle rig. *sigh*
mad.gif

Most unfortunate. Looks like it's the external DAC route for you or you can get one of the emu's with external box 1820 or 1820m.

Apr 21, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #66 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProParadox
mad.gif

that's unfortunate. Looks like you have to go the external DAC route.

Apr 21, 2004 at 8:27 PM Post #67 of 72
I'll need to check my system when I get home to see if it has a spare PCI slot. If not, I guess I'll be saving myself some money - I can't afford the 1820, so I'll probably just keep my M-Audio Revolution....
tongue.gif

Edit - My computer has a spare PCI slot.
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2004 at 2:50 PM Post #69 of 72
asdfeproiu9, not many people have that hammerfall DSP card and I don't so I don't know. It's output was better than my RME PST's digital out. I only compared optical outputs.

Apr 22, 2004 at 4:38 PM Post #71 of 72
1212m and 1820m have the same convertors.

You'd need to buy both to compare. I'm not sure if most people can afford that.

Apr 25, 2004 at 6:05 PM Post #72 of 72
must not let die useful info here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back