Best soundcard for $100-$200???
May 31, 2004 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

udauda

100+ Head-Fier
I thought the terratec's 6fire was the best for the quality in $100~$200 range...before I come here. I can see many good soundcards now. damn, I should have came here long before~
confused.gif

What I am using now is the 'Audigy 1 Platinum -> soft modded audigy 2 ZS'. I pretty much like it- because of a front panel and surround stuff and all. Isn't it pretty much fun to play with???
icon10.gif

I've got some art scholarships, now I got some free money I can spend. I am looking for some decent soundcard with a great sound quality. The Sony MDR-CD1700 will be used, and I do game/music 3:7. I use 5.1 speakers.

I need some recommendations, friends. It seems there are too many choices.. It doesn't matter if the soundcard is USB, PCI or Firewire..

PS> Is there any soundcard technical comparison chart available??
eek.gif

May 31, 2004 at 7:05 AM Post #3 of 4
Wow that was a fast response. Thank you sir.

-------
BTW, I just finished the udial test. (High frequency and all..) on my (Audigy 1)softmoded Audigy 2 ZS. Wow I heard the 'AMBULANCE NOISE' that drove me crazy at 16/44.1.. My ears are still hurt. Creative soundcard really is a pure piece of xxxx. Audigy1 playback does not even go upper than 16bit on the kernel streaming. What the hell- Why did I buy this???!!!

I did the resampling, and the sound was fine. (The normal phone signal) Only the 44.1 was the problem. I must definitely change my soundcard!
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back