Best Sound in a large capacity player.
Dec 5, 2009 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Iridescence

New Head-Fier
I have had a Creative Zen Touch for years and am thinking of replacing it. I would like something that sounds really good and has a hard drive capacity of like over 100GB (the more space the better) and plays some kind of lossless audio without too much problem. I have considered Zune and Ipod (I'm disappointed Creative doesn't seem to have a model that meets my needs). Are there any other large capacity players on the market and which one sounds the best of all of them in your opinion?

Thanks.

Dec 5, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 35
Nope, large capacity players are dead, the only ones now are the archos series and they do not have good sound quality.

I want large capacity great sounding players to but right now we have to wait until flash storage gets lower in price so larger capacity flash players will come out.

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iridescence /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had a Creative Zen Touch for years and am thinking of replacing it. I would like something that sounds really good and has a hard drive capacity of like over 100GB (the more space the better) and plays some kind of lossless audio without too much problem. I have considered Zune and Ipod (I'm disappointed Creative doesn't seem to have a model that meets my needs). Are there any other large capacity players on the market and which one sounds the best of all of them in your opinion?

Thanks.

As they say, everything is relative. I bought an Ipod Classic September and LOVE it. It goes from dock to dock and plays with headphones. The only place I can't use it is in the car and that will be changing soon.

I am guessing the other replies are from high end audiophiles.
This thing sounds great (to me) with lossless files from CD. I don't hear any loss of quality VS CD's except when using Sennheiser headphones while working out.
To qualify my opinion, I like pop and rock and am not an audiophile!
biggrin.gif

Shane D

Dec 6, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #5 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As they say, everything is relative. I bought an Ipod Classic September and LOVE it. It goes from dock to dock and plays with headphones. The only place I can't use it is in the car and that will be changing soon.

I am guessing the other replies are from high end audiophiles.
This thing sounds great (to me) with lossless files from CD. I don't hear any loss of quality VS CD's except when using Sennheiser headphones while working out.
To qualify my opinion, I like pop and rock and am not an audiophile!
biggrin.gif

Shane D

You are not an audiophile and yet you can tell the difference between lossless and CD. While working out!
confused_face(1).gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by krismusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are not an audiophile and yet you can tell the difference between lossless and CD. While working out!
confused_face(1).gif

LOL. I have had many a critical listening session whilst pumping iron and running on the treadmill....
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #8 of 35
Zen Vision :M with (upgrade) larger hard drive and Toshiba S series with bigger hard drive

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #10 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by krismusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused_face(1).gif

I just meant that the quality is not great with the cheapie headphones. It sounds great (to me) with everything else.

Shane D

Dec 9, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #12 of 35
iPod 5.5 gen. It gets even better with mods, like 240 GB HDD, iMod, amping.

Or take current Classic (fall 2009), if you do not want to hassle with mods. Its SQ is not as good as 5.5 gen, but it is better than previous Classic 2008.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back