Best Sony N.U.D.E/Fontopia EX series ever?
Nov 16, 2009 at 3:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

BIGHMW

100+ Head-Fier
Which of the following series of Sony N.U.D.E/Fontopia EX IEM's would you want as "desert island" IEM's? I would dig your comments and posts right here. Right now I am currently listening to John Klemmer doing "Poem Painter"
(originally from Barefoot Ballet) on a compilation I made of his work from 1975-1979.

The source I am using right now is my trusty NW-HD5 (one of three I own, the other two being bought as N.O.S. U.S.-market units while the one I am using now being a U.K. version with the infamous volume cap unlocked)

The EQ setting is "Custom 3", which I have set to emphasize both the bass and trebles while still having some mids in there.

I am currently listening to it using my MDR-EX700SL's hooked to an inline RM-MC40ELK remote.

Nov 16, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #2 of 15
it's a little hard to judge, since each model within a series can also have different performance and sound signatures.
To me, I think ex700 is not worth the MSRP.

Nov 16, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #3 of 15
have many people heard all of them? i only have experience with the ex71 and that was when i thought they were the best earphones ever

Nov 19, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #4 of 15
I would nominate Sony MDR-E484 from the early 1990's.

Nov 19, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #5 of 15
Modded EX-90.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #8 of 15
E484 of course.

Nov 19, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #9 of 15
For earbuds, I don't think anyting will measure up to the E484. I still got two of them.

Nov 23, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by MiG™ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Modded EX-90.
smily_headphones1.gif

Me too.

I notice a bit more isolation and bass (cling-wrap mod) in my current EX90SLs, it's a good thing I bought two more, to go along with the current ones I am using while listening to the late great Roger Troutman doing his version of Marvin Gaye's "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" on a custom compilation of both him and his old group Zapp covering Zapp through Zapp V. (1980-85)

As for the other legend in this thread, the E888 SP/LP N.U.D.E Series earphones (I use the SP's), I own three pairs of them too, but none of them have been put into use, as I prefer IEM's over buds, but with the scarecity of both, I stocked up over a year ago, influenced and inspired by most of you on this very board (thanks for draining my wallet every year!)

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #12 of 15
Помогите найти простой движок для фотогалереи без базы данных
чтоб можнонужно было просто залить файлы в папку по ФТП
и они автоматически добавились в фотогалерею, желательно с простой админкой
разрешающей массово редактировать фотографии, прописать к ним описание
и управлять коментариями, возможно так-же и функция оценки файлов.
В итоге хочется получить такое как на фотогалерееÂñå ôîòîãðàôèè - Ôîòîãàëåðåÿ îõîòíèêîâ
Однако там нет админки.

Dec 14, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGHMW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me too.

As for the other legend in this thread, the E888 SP/LP N.U.D.E Series earphones (I use the SP's), I own three pairs of them too, but none of them have been put into use, as I prefer IEM's over buds, but with the scarecity of both, I stocked up over a year ago, influenced and inspired by most of you on this very board (thanks for draining my wallet every year!)

Yep, I have at least four E888s. I have one SP, and MP and two of the LP versions. About 10 years back, I had a chance to buy a new E484 (gold), instead, I purchased the E888 at higher price as I thought newer must be better. I still regret that decision until this day.

Dec 14, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #15 of 15
I've only heard the EX71 and the EX90, and although both were quite good, the EX90 was better. Oddly misshapen IMO, but better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back