Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Jan 15, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #965 of 5,166
I’m reading that the meizu will only use exynos dac with spotify and not the dedicated hifi dac?

There was a link to a mod but it’s dead so I’ve no idea if there’s a fix for this or not.

If that’s true and there’s no workaround I may aswell look for another phone since spotify is my only music source.

so many things to consider just to assure good sound quality... lol

EDIT: nevermind apperantly spotify was added to the list of apps that use the hifi dac in an update to flyme OS... PHEW :))

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #966 of 5,166
Meizu Pro 6 plus is considered as neutral. series 6 and 7 use cirrus logic dac-amp combo

while mx4 pro and pro 5 use Ess9018 with OPA1612 which is into warm tone.

Jan 15, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #967 of 5,166
Meizu Pro 6 plus is considered as neutral. series 6 and 7 use cirrus logic dac-amp combo

Neutral and full sound? or on the thinner side? Really appreciate the input thx

I’m coming from a iphone 6s which I consider full and neutral-slightly warm with a tiny bit of midbass bloat but honestly it wasn’t too much. I liked it’s tonality. LG v20 was too thin and somewhat lacking body in the mid range to me, although detail was good.

I don’t know anything like 6s with more detail and bigger stage and separation but if I did I’d buy it ASAP.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #968 of 5,166

Sorry had to double check your list but does the pro 6 plus not use ESS sabre dac?

And pro 6 uses cirrus logic dac as you say.

Does that change the info about neutral or warm that you said above? and is it full sounding (pro 6 plus ess sabre dac).

Thanks!

Jan 15, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #969 of 5,166
Sorry had to double check your list but does the pro 6 plus not use ESS sabre dac?

And pro 6 uses cirrus logic dac as you say.

Does that change the info about neutral or warm that you said above? and is it full sounding (pro 6 plus ess sabre dac).

Thanks!

Oops sorry for wrong brain memory. Pro 6 plus use ESS dac with AD45275. It is neutral and less full than pro 5.

If you want V20 to have fuller sound, you can use some trick to activate external mode by attaching a cable first then attach the earphone to the cable. You can see detail in first page

Jan 15, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #970 of 5,166
Oops sorry for wrong brain memory. Pro 6 plus use ESS dac with AD45275. It is neutral and less full than pro 5.

If you want V20 to have fuller sound, you can use some trick to activate external mode by attaching a cable first then attach the earphone to the cable. You can see detail in first page
tried that but it’s not ideal for my 16-32 ohm earbuds and it didn’t make a hugh difference for me, just slightly more bass impact and maybe slightly less cold.

I may have to look at Meizu pro 5 then thanks, unfortunately because the 6 looks like a great phone lol

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #972 of 5,166
Meizu Pro 6 plus is considered as neutral.

I got myself a Pro 6 Plus and it's indeed neutral .

Comparing to my Shanling M2S, it sounds crystal clear , there is a lot of details, while remaining powerful.

With a Focal Spirit Professionnal ( which is neutral by essence ) , it's awesome ! :heart_eyes:

Navigation is 10 times better than a non tactile DAP : when i use the Shanling after the Meizu, it's like going back to the Jurassic Era.
It's fast, screen is huge ( good for high quality album cover), you can switch easily from song to song , album to album, make real time playlist...

And it's Android : you can find another music player if you don't like the stock one, i personnaly use Captune (by Sennheiser).

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #973 of 5,166
I got myself a Pro 6 Plus and it's indeed neutral .

Comparing to my Shanling M2S, it sounds crystal clear , there is a lot of details, while remaining powerful.

With a Focal Spirit Professionnal ( which is neutral by essence ) , it's awesome ! :heart_eyes:

Navigation is 10 times better than a non tactile DAP : when i use the Shanling after the Meizu, it's like going back to the Jurassic Era.
It's fast, screen is huge ( good for high quality album cover), you can switch easily from song to song , album to album, make real time playlist...

And it's Android : you can find another music player if you don't like the stock one, i personnaly use Captune (by Sennheiser).
How would you describe the lower mids or vocals in general? Do they have authority and weight behind them? I opted for the pro 5 for this reason but it’d be nice to know how the pro 6 fairs too.

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #975 of 5,166
How would you describe the lower mids or vocals in general? Do they have authority and weight behind them? I opted for the pro 5 for this reason but it’d be nice to know how the pro 6 fairs too.

Vocals are clear , you can hear them distinctly and efforless .

I'm not good at describing audio precisely lol .

All i can say is high, mid and low are where they should be ,none of them has the upper hand over others .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back