Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Sep 2017)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by artpiggo, Jun 19, 2017.
First

Back
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
Next

Last
  1. RicardoB
    V20 is more analytical while v10 is more musical, V20 outputs more power and is the better quality DAC overall like cleaner treble and smooth mids but V10 has more sub bass and more 3D in its presentation

2. Slazyel
    How is the sound of Xperia X (not the performance version)?
    I had a Galaxy S7 Edge and an Asus Zenfone 3, would the Xperia X be an upgrade sound wise?

3. riso1983
    Hows the fiio X5 2nd compare to LG V10/20.. which one is a better buy?

4. lantian
    The axon always uses akm dac for music. The problem is ZTE's rom, at least earlier reviews said it can not do more than 16 bit and everything gets resampled to either 44,1khz or 48khz(haven't had a chance to test that claim without a rooted device). Poweramp works with the akm dac, but again though it is bugged and does not use the proper high res paths(if available) in most devices. The confusion of which dac it uses comes only because it says that it is using snapdragon 24bit path, that in no way/shape or form implies that it would be using snapdragon dac that is disabled(and probably not even wired to headphone jack or anything else).
    On a side note you can play albums in correct order but you have to press the small play icon next to the album, axon 7 mini had the same issues with its stock player.

docentore likes this.
  5. shashankm
    Got a V30+ last week. Stellar phone but compared to V20, I find its sound signature a bit bright for my taste. Am I the only one or is it so?
    And why it's so quiet? Headphones are Sennheiser HD DJ7.
    Also, is their the impedance trigger in it same as V20? I couldn't find which so far.

6. RicardoB
    Are you getting shrill piercing highs or just that the sound is too thin or airy? Remove the cable from your senns and plug it into the phone first then attach the senns, that should give you aux mode with more power and dynamics

7. Rendster
    I wonder why did the thread starter recommended the meizu pro 5 and not the meizu pro 6 plus

8. riso1983
    I was wondering about meizu 7 pro (p25) and its DAC/AMP quality..

9. docentore
    Fantastic reply, thank you very much.

10. artpiggo
    Because they sounds different and p6+ is not a clear upgrade(SQ) from 5. That's why. While pro7 do keep meizu on track again.

11. shashankm
    Is it so? Thanks for the tip. Will give it a shot

12. artpiggo
    This is the phone list for next year that come with 845 snapdragon for your reference. #no845forxplay7 #feelbadman
    FB_IMG_1514510580663.jpg

13. spinrite
    I would have to rank my iPad Pro 10.5 LTE, one of the best audiophile capable devices I’ve owned. Yes it’s my smartphone!

14. Rendster
    Do you think Snapdragon 845 audio would be better or at least on par with some smartphones out there with dedicated DAC?

15. Jerda
    Absolutely no.

First

Back
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
Next

Last