Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Jan 24, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #991 of 5,166
Is It possible to listen to youtube videos using the dac chip with Meizu smartphones? There are some great rare albuns in youtube. Lg V10 had a program to allow other apps to use the dac.

Jan 25, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #992 of 5,166
Is It possible to listen to youtube videos using the dac chip with Meizu smartphones? There are some great rare albuns in youtube. Lg V10 had a program to allow other apps to use the dac.

I pretty sure my meizu pro 5 are working hifi dac with youtube judging from the sound volume. what model are you using?

Jan 25, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #993 of 5,166
in the end i have buy one V30+ . i have try whit hifiman re400 waterline and senneihser hd600 .. wow , greath sound , little better my dragonfly red . now i have buy the brainwavz 400 , all frosty , and waiting whit impatience to try it
:)

Jan 25, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #997 of 5,166
I believe meizu is using cirrus logic chips with their newer models which if i am not wrong is the same dac which samsung is using on their galaxy s8.

I recently got s8 (exynos version) after returning my faulty v30. From what i am hearing with my galaxy s8, the cirrus logic chip has a really good quality amp which provides near black background and almost no noise can be heard with my flc8s which i can't say for my le max x900 which is using allegedly superior ess dac and amp.

Now comes the main part which is cirrus logis dac and i have no hesitation to say that it can't hold a candle against ess sabre dac. The highs are nowhere as detailed and extended while there is too much mid bass bloat that is shadowing vocals. The sub bass is nice though which is only good thing about it's dac.

I know tuning can be different with the same chips meizu is using bit still their warm signature can't satisy my audiophile ears tbh.

Jan 26, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #999 of 5,166
Finally i got bored with my VIVO X6 Plus. Somehow I was not satisfied with its Hi-Fi sound anymore despite its 9028 DAC (which should have been better than 9018, right?). Amplifier 9603 is a bit weak, IMHO. Moreover, there is no Hi-Fi support for 3rd party apps, so I'm tied to stock player only, which does not have access to worldwide online music (everything is reported as "removed due to copyright", except some Chinese whatnot :) ).
Also 5.7 is a bit too much for having it in the pocket. And I don't like AMOLED screen - i was unable to get used to it :)
So i've bought a used Lenovo Vibe X3 64GB and happy with it now. It has wide support of players, good amplifiers.

Jan 26, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #1,000 of 5,166
Finally i got bored with my VIVO X6 Plus. Somehow I was not satisfied with its Hi-Fi sound anymore despite its 9028 DAC (which should have been better than 9018, right?). Amplifier 9603 is a bit weak, IMHO. Moreover, there is no Hi-Fi support for 3rd party apps, so I'm tied to stock player only, which does not have access to worldwide online music (everything is reported as "removed due to copyright", except some Chinese whatnot :) ).
Also 5.7 is a bit too much for having it in the pocket. And I don't like AMOLED screen - i was unable to get used to it :)
So i've bought a used Lenovo Vibe X3 64GB and happy with it now. It has wide support of players, good amplifiers.

Enjoy your vibe x3. It's a great device and i miss mine time to time because of its awesome stereo speakers.

Jan 26, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #1,002 of 5,166
With vibe x3 only stock player are capable of using the saber dac with proper sampling rates. According to logs there is not a single third party app that can take full control over the saber dac and sampling rates, you will only get 48khz signal to the saber dac with anything else than stock player if even that. Neither poweramp nor neutron support our device.

Jan 26, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #1,005 of 5,166
With vibe x3 only stock player are capable of using the saber dac with proper sampling rates. According to logs there is not a single third party app that can take full control over the saber dac and sampling rates, you will only get 48khz signal to the saber dac with anything else than stock player if even that. Neither poweramp nor neutron support our device.
Interesting. But there was no any stock player in my European firmware..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back