Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Jan 15, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #947 of 5,166
I’m very interested in Meizu now, can anyone tell me if the Pro 6 and Pro 7 are equally as good? I’ve read through the posts but it seems vague on thier SQ.

Pro 6/7 is not as warm? Are they good quality still or not as good as pro 5? Thanks

Ideally the newer pro 6 or 7 would be better as a general phone and 7 seems to run andriod 7 so that’s a plus. But if the sound isn’t quite there I’ll get the pro 5 instead.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #948 of 5,166
I’m very interested in Meizu now, can anyone tell me if the Pro 6 and Pro 7 are equally as good? I’ve read through the posts but it seems vague on thier SQ.

Pro 6/7 is not as warm? Are they good quality still or not as good as pro 5? Thanks

Ideally the newer pro 6 or 7 would be better as a general phone and 7 seems to run andriod 7 so that’s a plus. But if the sound isn’t quite there I’ll get the pro 5 instead.

First you have to understand which model they have (it's a bit messy)

-Pro 6 use CL Dac / Good quality but not as good as the pro 5
-Pro 6 plus use same dac as pro 5 but different OpAmp AD45275 / Good quality for me it sound similar to the pro 5
-Pro 7 use CL Dac / Should sound same as the pro 6 maybe better

For the pro 6 and 6+ you can check in first page there's a comparaison on how they sound.

Jan 15, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #949 of 5,166
First you have to understand which model they have (it's a bit messy)

-Pro 6 use CL Dac / Good quality but not as good as the pro 5
-Pro 6 plus use same dac as pro 5 but different OpAmp AD45275 / Good quality for me it sound similar to the pro 5
-Pro 7 use CL Dac / Should sound same as the pro 6 maybe better

For the pro 6 and 6+ you can check in first page there's a comparaison on how they sound.
That’s really helpful thank you!

Jan 15, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #950 of 5,166
I see a pro 6 plus EU version. Is there any difference between eu and chinese versions? Hopefully no internals have changed.

Jan 15, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #952 of 5,166
Ok sorry last question on the Meizu Pro 6 Plus.

The ‘notes’ in the smartphone list on the first page say it’s ‘less warm’ than Meizu Pro 5.

Is it Cold? Neutral? Or still a touch warmer than neutral?

Promise that’s my last question I really would like to know that as it’s important as I’m about to make my purchase! Tonality is a big deciding factor to me. :)

Jan 15, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #953 of 5,166
Please report back once you test the phone. Audio wise and how it is perform as a you know..smartphone. The $130 price tag is hard to resist.
Tapping the reload button on the DHL tracking site way too much today. :thinking:

I just noticed in the questions section for the 7 Mini on GearBest that the phone ships with a Euro plug charger... Bummer, since I am in the US.
Maybe the charger from my wife's toileted ZTE will work....

Jan 15, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #954 of 5,166
Ok sorry last question on the Meizu Pro 6 Plus.

The ‘notes’ in the smartphone list on the first page say it’s ‘less warm’ than Meizu Pro 5.

Is it Cold? Neutral? Or still a touch warmer than neutral?

Promise that’s my last question I really would like to know that as it’s important as I’m about to make my purchase! Tonality is a big deciding factor to me. :)
Only @artpiggo can reply to this :)

Jan 15, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #957 of 5,166
@seanc6441 Also keep in mind that if you go with a meizu , no custom roms available and you will either love or hate flyme os :)
From the reviews I saw it looks like a very nice CLEAN ui (getting an IOS vibe). I don’t really wanna root it (I’m new to android) and at first I was disappointed it wasn’t stock andriod 7/8 but I’ll learn to adjust because the flyme OS looks alright and you can still use the play store! and sideload apps? I think, I hope, I need to be able to sideload appa actually I should research that lol. It’s core is android so I should be able to anyway.

The phone itself looks like my 6s which I love so I’m very happy about that. As long as the hifi dac can be used with spotify to its potential which I have to assume is true then I’ll probably love it. I use spotify almost exclusively for music.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #958 of 5,166
neither
From the reviews I saw it looks like a very nice CLEAN ui (getting an IOS vibe). I don’t really wanna root it (I’m new to android) and at first I was disappointed it wasn’t stock andriod 7/8 but I’ll learn to adjust because the flyme OS looks alright and you can still use the play store! and sideload apps? I think, I hope, I need to be able to sideload appa actually I should research that lol. It’s core is android so I should be able to anyway.

The phone itself looks like my 6s which I love so I’m very happy about that. As long as the hifi dac can be used with spotify to its potential which I have to assume is true then I’ll probably love it. I use spotify almost exclusively for music.
Indeed it's clean , what can bother some people is that update tend to be random in terms of performance and bugs.
Sometimes they are releasing good update but it happen that they release also some very very bad ones ...
so you have to find best one and upgrade downgrade in fonction of the build that works better for you. (Lately they seem to bring some decent one)
Flyme is root friendly it's already in the system you just have to enable it and play store is available aswell.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #959 of 5,166
neither

Indeed it's clean , what can bother some people is that update tend to be random in terms of performance and bugs.
Sometimes they are releasing good update but it happen that they release also some very very bad ones ...
so you have to find best one and upgrade downgrade in fonction of the build that works better for you. (Lately they seem to bring some decent one)
Flyme is root friendly it's already in the system you just have to enable it and play store is available aswell.
oh good! so i can install stuff like Viper4android easily? May look into this if/when I purchase the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back