Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Jul 18, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #1,591 of 5,166
Hi Guys!
Sorry for being out of topic, i just want to ask for what is the good iem to buy for lg v30 with the budget of $200 and below..
possible online purchase is from Aliexpress since I am from Philippines..
Genre's:
Dream Theatre like bands or Black Sabbath
Sometimes listening to HipHop - Still D.R.E (yow) :D

thanks in advance.. cheers :D

Ibasso it01$100
Zero audio duoza $150
Ibasso it03 $250

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #1,592 of 5,166
ibasso IT01 IEM is the best IEM for metal IMHO around the 100$-mark. Costs 119€ in Germany. Never regret getting it and is a pleasure compared my fiio f9 pro - But only for metal and music that needs the extra kick in lower mids to upper bass.
If you are searching something really natural, go for f9 pro instead (169€)

Jul 18, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #1,593 of 5,166
Hi Guys!
Sorry for being out of topic, i just want to ask for what is the good iem to buy for lg v30 with the budget of $200 and below..
Genre's:

KZ ZS10 $38

Jul 18, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #1,595 of 5,166
If you got big ears

well alright then. KZ ATE, single copper driver, five bucks.Or how about The Fragrant Zither Series 2 which has a single, albeit 12mm, neodymium driver. But it is $45. Both of these sound very nice with a G7 and Verizon network. Art said the G7 sounds dry to him. I wonder if a copper cable would help. TFZ and KZ ZS10 have detachable cables.

Jul 19, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #1,596 of 5,166
Hi Guys!
Genre's:

Maybe the QDC Neptune? You can find this locally btw.

Jul 19, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #1,597 of 5,166
Can someone explain me one thing please, just out of interest. Why does a DAC (in my case the B&O dac from LG) ...
By the way, if you`re in search fo a good sounding cheap device for you laptop or pc, get that thing if you can. Despite no one knowing about it, this is a serious peace of audio hardware that can compare even to Fiio players in the 400€ plus price range. Believe me, you will be pleasantly suprised

What DAC is this? Link please.

Jul 19, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #1,598 of 5,166
What DAC is this? Link please.

Just google this.

Screenshot_20180720-063338.jpg

Jul 20, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #1,600 of 5,166
Hi guys! After a lot of reading, waiting and so on, it's finally time for me to write my opinions on 2 devices: HTC 10 and LG G7

DISCLAIMER: This review is only related to low impedance headphones: Shozy Zero and custom made 8ohm penta driver earphones.

HTC 10 was a huge disappointment. These are probably made for high impedance headphones. I never succeeded in making them sound good. Space in sound
is all but nonexistent. Shozy Zero sounds better than my custom IEMs. It's mainly for electronic music. Everything else sounds... meh. Rock music especially. It has no "edge".
My broken Xperia Z3 Compact sounded better. The biggest irony in this "audiophile" phone is that it uses Google Play Music which is crap since you don't even have file system view.
Setting sound profile in settings is dumb.

In the meantime, just as I was about to get LG G7, My Shozy Zero IEMs went to hell (my fault) and my LG G7 review was based on my custom IEMs.

LG G7 is the motherf***ing boss. The best thing ever. My main concern was it's reaction to extremely low impedance IEMs since everyone just comments it's ability to drive
high impedance headphones. It has no problems adjusting to them whatsoever. From it's 0-75 volume range, 45-55 is good range to immerse yourself in music - proof that LG G7
detected impedance of my earphones the way it should. Instrument separation is great. Sound presets are kinda useless, at least for me. I found that the best thing is to leave
it on "Normal" or I'd get kinda weird sound. Digital filters are great. Neither is bad and you get the sense that you can make your LG G7 sound like 3 different phones. I still found
that the best digital filter is "Short". I was hyped for the new DTS:X 3D Surround but it fell flat. It maybe works good with games (I don't play games) but for music, 0 points.
DTS:X 3D Surround tries to modify the sound balance in selected direction, but the price for it is instrument separation. It completely destroys it. The only thing I was missing was
custom equalizer. I don't like using presets that someone else made. That may be the only reason why I switch from default music player which is solid (nothing to write home about
and still not bad enough for me to complain) to some custom player like Neutron.

The best part is that I paid LG G7 around 10$ and the rest was paid by my employer (including my phone bill) :D

This is my 5 cents. Peace!

Jul 20, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #1,601 of 5,166
Hi guys! After a lot of reading, waiting and so on, it's finally time for me to write my opinions on 2 devices: HTC 10 and LG G7

DISCLAIMER: This review is only related to low impedance headphones: Shozy Zero and custom made 8ohm penta driver earphones.

HTC 10 was a huge disappointment. These are probably made for high impedance headphones. I never succeeded in making them sound good. Space in sound
is all but nonexistent. Shozy Zero sounds better than my custom IEMs. It's mainly for electronic music. Everything else sounds... meh. Rock music especially. It has no "edge".
My broken Xperia Z3 Compact sounded better. The biggest irony in this "audiophile" phone is that it uses Google Play Music which is **** since you don't even have file system view.

In the meantime, just as I was about to get LG G7, My Shozy Zero IEMs went to hell (my fault) and my LG G7 review was based on my custom IEMs.

LG G7 is the motherf***ing boss. The best thing ever. My main concern was it's reaction to extremely low impedance IEMs since everyone just comments it's ability to drive
high impedance headphones. It has no problems adjusting to them whatsoever. From it's 0-75 volume range, 45-55 is good range to immerse yourself in music - proof that LG G7
detected impedance of my earphones the way it should. Instrument separation is great. Sound presets are kinda useless, at least for me. I found that the best thing is to leave
it on "Normal" or I'd get kinda weird sound. Digital filters are great. Neither is bad and you get the sense that you can make your LG G7 sound like 3 different phones. I still found
that the best digital filter is "Short". I was hyped for the new DTS:X 3D Surround but it fell flat. It maybe works good with games (I don't play games) but for music, 0 points.
DTS:X 3D Surround tries to modify the sound balance in selected direction, but the price for it is instrument separation. It completely destroys it. The only thing I was missing was
custom equalizer. I don't like using presets that someone else made. That may be the only reason why I switch from default music player which is solid (nothing to write home about
and still not bad enough for me to complain) to some custom player like Neutron.

The best part is that I paid LG G7 around 10$ and the rest was paid by my employer (including my phone bill) :D

Thanks for your heads-up review. Wish you are happy with your new phone.

Jul 21, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #1,602 of 5,166

My broken Xperia Z3 Compact sounded better. The biggest irony in this "audiophile" phone is that it uses Google Play Music which is **** since you don't even have file system view.

I had (have, actually) the HTC 10 driving the Shozy Zero. My HTC 10 became intolerable as to producing heat, rebooting, and lagging, etc. The G7 is, of course, on a whole'nother level. I found the Shozy Zero to be lacking in resolution, and simply bettered by Nuforce and KZ IEMs. I too am bothered by the preset equalizer when using Tidal. I tried a few equalizers in the Play Store. None I tried functioned in conjunction with Tidal. I want to try the copper cables since I just discovered their existence in thephonograph.net. I very much like the G7, but I don't like the button placement.

Jul 21, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #1,604 of 5,166
I very much like the G7, but I don't like the button placement.

You know the position of each button can be swapped, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back