Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Jun 12, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #1,472 of 5,166
Actually currently I'm using axon 7.. Hehe

Not much point to move to V20 then, me personally I can't see any benefit in upgrading in present phones, not much to gain over Axon 7.
See XDA-developers and the newest Oreo roms that are baked, it feels like new phone. I was comparing the performance to my gf Nokia 8, which has SD835 and I cant see Axon being much slower.

Jun 12, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #1,473 of 5,166
FB_IMG_1528811943802.jpg

New line of vivo. Maybe I will try one of them...

Jun 13, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #1,475 of 5,166

New line of vivo. Maybe I will try one of them...

I am glad you posted about this phone, I noticed yesterday that the lower end NEX has AK4376A and the NEX [ultimate?] is CS43199 and separate amp? I have been watching the in screen fingerprint scanning since the X20/X21 UD and then the NEX got released with potentially good audio as well.

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #1,479 of 5,166
Bro, I'm getting the lg g6 later today..is it worth it? Coz I can't afford to buy the v30.. N I'm skipping v20 coz it has the same processor as the axon 7.. Kindly advise.. Thx in advance

Imho, they are same processor generation, and still plagued by image retention issues on the LCD.

Well yeah, you got nice sounds if that is your only purpose for that phone.

Better get the next generation, or other brands like axon 7, not necessarily LG series but one with dedicated DAC.

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #1,480 of 5,166
Bro, I'm getting the lg g6 later today..is it worth it? Coz I can't afford to buy the v30.. N I'm skipping v20 coz it has the same processor as the axon 7.. Kindly advise.. Thx in advance

What is your headphone / IEM now?

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #1,481 of 5,166
Imho, they are same processor generation, and still plagued by image retention issues on the LCD.

Better get the next generation, or other brands like axon 7, not necessarily LG series but one with dedicated DAC.

No image problems here after many mo ths, and just got my Oreo update on the dual sim model.

The main advantage of the V30 and G7 ovwr the G6 is the new different processor and the increased battery life it gives.

What does your last sentence mean? It is not clear. The LG has a dedicated DAC if you get the QUAD DAC version.

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #1,482 of 5,166
Anyone has preliminary thoughts how the Nex Ultimate's audio hardware would compare against LG G7? I presume the latter's ES9218P would sound better?

Ultimate's will be expected as good as vivo xplay6 if not better. It is low chance that vivo will mess up with sound tuning especially in TOTL model. I will test it out later once I have an access to it.

Both LG V30-G7 and vivo xplay phone are quite in the same level. It is hard to tell which is better sound. It is all about "synergy" with your IEM.

I have tested both so I know what is best for me and it is vivo. DSD mode of xplay 6 is very impressive.

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #1,483 of 5,166
No image problems here after many mo ths, and just got my Oreo update on the dual sim model.

The main advantage of the V30 and G7 ovwr the G6 is the new different processor and the increased battery life it gives.

What does your last sentence mean? It is not clear. The LG has a dedicated DAC if you get the QUAD DAC version.

he means you don't need to buy LGs phone. You can buy any phones with dedicated DAC equipped.

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #1,484 of 5,166

Which models? Yes, my main purpose is sound quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back