Best small portable amp under $120?
Oct 15, 2007 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

markopolo

Head-Fier
In terms of overall SQ. Would like to stay as small as possible. Here are the ones I'm looking at:

C&C Box+
iBasso T2
MiniBox-D (or MiniBox-E if vastly better than the others)

Using with iPod 5.5G->LOD->E4c/PX100. Open to other suggestions. Thanks!

Oct 15, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #2 of 28
How about Mini^3 ? people keep recommending it =)

Oct 15, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 28
I just sold mine
frown.gif
frown.gif
I'm freaking broke! Anyways, yes it's a great amp.

Oct 17, 2007 at 7:04 AM Post #5 of 28
i think the C&C Box+ outperforms most of the amps you can get except the Practical Devices XM4, the op amp rolling feature is pretty sweet.

i can sell you mine if you want. im waiting for the iBasso D1's to restock

Oct 17, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #7 of 28
I'd recommend the Mini^3, even if your budget were higher. I find it to be one of the best portables available.

Oct 17, 2007 at 9:58 AM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by markopolo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In terms of overall SQ. Would like to stay as small as possible. Here are the ones I'm looking at:

C&C Box+
iBasso T2

C&C BOX+ and Minibox-E (perhaps the latter even better). Add the Little Dot Mk I (though with a ? since no reports on it yet
confused.gif
)

Oct 17, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #10 of 28
I notice a lot of people out here avoid C&C or jump right to another amp ie. MiniBox-E or Mini^3.

Is the C&C Box+ just not much of an amp or what am I missing? Size looks perfect and it would sem you get a boatload of adjustments to cater to taste/sound?

Oct 17, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Podster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
s the C&C Box+ just not much of an amp or what am I missing? Size looks perfect and it would sem you get a boatload of adjustments to cater to taste/sound?

The C&C Box didn't rank so high in a comparison that many here site. It's the best amp I've heard in the price range, but there are many amps I haven't heard. I did a review over at IPAStudio. I'd say buy it with confidence. It has a very strong output and signature adjusting controls in the back.

Oct 17, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #13 of 28
Thank you Blessingx, I'm very picky about aesthetics and by all the amps I've seen in person and photographed my Tomahawk and all of Ray's amps are my taste but the Diablo might just give them a run for their money:wink:

I have 3 pods that I'm going to setup a little differently from each other. I only use IEM's when running around so the C&C Box+ for $109.50 is beautiful and should mate well with my iPod Mini and I'll be moving the UM-2's to that system as soon as the Westone 3's are available.

Now, what's it going to be for my new black Nano???????????
Headsix
MiniBox-E
Mini^3
Decisions, decisions, decisions!

I can tell you for sure (of course this is after true production and review the Diablo might just be the most gorgeous portable amp I've ever seen but then again I'm easily moved by sweet looking aluminium chassis':-0

Oct 17, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by markopolo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

C&C Box+
iBasso T2

I'd definitely spring for the Minibox-E if I was you.

It's nice and sturdy, sounds great, and is rechargeable.

Oh and it comes with a SPC IC although you'd need to get a nice and short LOD so it's tidy for your Nano (My LOD is on its way.

Here's a pic so you can get an idea of the size:
ipodminibox3.jpg

It sounds amazing with my E4c's with the P to S switch on but it's equally at home driving my DT880's.

Oct 17, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #15 of 28
That could be very nice with my new Nano Vid strapped to it and may match up perfectly with a YoTank case on my Nano:)

THX for the reference photo shomie:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back