Best small DAP/MP3 player for sports/jogging?
Jul 14, 2023 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Malthus101

New Head-Fier
Howdy

Back in the day Apple made a tiny little mp3 player with a clip for clipping it onto your shirt - it was so simple with a mini jack conenction and could only hold like 500 songs - but more than enough for jogging/workout or whatever.

Anyway they stopped making them years ago - anyone know some modern equivalent that's regarded as good?

Maybe a Chi-Fi device with bluetooth capablity for wireless earphones too but super tiny so could be slipped into a pocket or clipped to a t-shirt.

Jul 14, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #2 of 7
Jul 14, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #3 of 7
Ah thanks! I already found myself browsing alibaba and ended up ordering this:

RUIZU M17 MP3 Player With Bluetooth​

0_RUIZU M17 MP3 Player With Bluetooth.jpg

It's like £21 so **** it ... Also got a NiceHCK Black Cat cable as it's reduced from £100 to £13 today.

Jul 15, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #4 of 7
If you have an older phone they work great for that without a service plan. Any phone can make a 911 call without service so great for being out.
I use an old Samsung for washing the car or going out when it might rain since it's got no value anyway. I put Google voice for calls on WiFi and easy to refresh the music library that way too.
The Google Pixel 2 was $30 with shipping on eBay. It's s light as a kite and the camera is stunningly good. Would take it over a DAP anyday.

Jul 15, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #5 of 7
If you have an older phone they work great for that without a service plan. Any phone can make a 911 call without service so great for being out.
I use an old Samsung for washing the car or going out when it might rain since it's got no value anyway. I put Google voice for calls on WiFi and easy to refresh the music library that way too.
The Google Pixel 2 was $30 with shipping on eBay. It's s light as a kite and the camera is stunningly good. Would take it over a DAP anyday.
I want to remove the GPS from my life outside as much as possible, hence why I want a DAP over any kind of phone. I don't like being tracked by nefarious bodies. (and rest assured, they definitely are doing so and it's only going to get worse as time goes by...!) And I have no need to make 911 calls ever. Someone else can do it.

Aug 16, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 7
If you're after good midrange, a pre-owned Cowon P2 is pretty hard to beat.

Aug 16, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #7 of 7
Despite its slightly thicker profile when enclosed in its leather case, the device remains remarkably lightweight, boasting one of the finest performance-to-weight ratios among DAPs on the market, haha. It's worth noting that the Cowon P2 was once a flagship DAP, underscoring its undeniable performance capabilities. From my personal experience, it continues to excel even when compared to DAPs priced around the $1000 range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back