Best Setup for IPad Pro?
Aug 19, 2018 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Dn2292

New Head-Fier
I would like to start acquiring a library on my IPad Pro as the center of my “listening station”. I’m thinking I could have a nice corner in my office where I would have my “listening station” with the iPad Pro then get amp, DAC, as well as whatever else I end up getting along the route to enjoying my new accessory to life.

The IPad Pro has 500GB HD with 410 GB free so while that may not be much space for you experts, I’m sure it’s plenty of space for the current time.

For headphones so far I have Shure SE425’s paired w/ custom silicone ear molds from Sensaphonics and Beyer DT 770 M 80 ohm. Those are the only 2 I own so far......I need equipment before more ears.

So what equipment would work well for me to acquire? I would like to spend as little as possible while purchasing quality SO.......Schiit products if I buy new!?!??? But would consider buying used if the right situation presented itself. I would like to keep the footprint of said equipment small so that my “station” remains small so as to fly under radar of wifie poo :>) just so as to not iritate her designing motif . Also I don’t want to get crazy with the equipment, I’m a simple person.

Thank you in advance for all your input!
The iPad Pro can be a fine source, correct!??? Apple talks like it computes better than some companies laptops.

Aug 19, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 8
I don't understand why someone would want to turn an iPad Pro into essentially a storage device for music data that isn't being transported anywhere, but I assume that you have considered that issue and have your reasons.

The system discussed in this video is expensive, but it should give you an idea of what's possible:

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #3 of 8
If you want something small that sounds good then a Chord Mojo would be my pick. If you are not using it as a portable no need for the Poly.

Aug 20, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 8
I already have the iPad so why not use it? I mean I would rather use that than spend more money on something to do the exact same thing.... correct?

I mean it would be one thing if I intentionally purchased it for this purpose but that is not the case. I have had this for a year now.

Things change and now the intended purpose of iPad is longer relevant so why not use it for music storage!

Unless you fine folks can suggest some type of devices I should look into instead of using the iPad??? Please help educate me!

Thanks

Aug 20, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #6 of 8
I have the small version of the iPad Pro, and have to say that it has better SQ than the iPhones I am using as well.
That said, as a music device I find it simply too big, even though iTunes has a quite good UI.

To come to your question - I would also recommend the Chord Mojo as a small, very high quality DAC/Amp.
I have been using it for a year and it blew me away. Made me aso buy a Chord 2Qute as DAC for my stereo system and kick out the $4000 DAC I had before.

And if you really don't like it, Mojos sell very well on the used market.

Jan 31, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #7 of 8
I already have the iPad so why not use it? I mean I would rather use that than spend more money on something to do the exact same thing.... correct?

I mean it would be one thing if I intentionally purchased it for this purpose but that is not the case. I have had this for a year now.

Things change and now the intended purpose of iPad is longer relevant so why not use it for music storage!

Unless you fine folks can suggest some type of devices I should look into instead of using the iPad??? Please help educate me!

Thanks
I’m using a FiiO Q1 mark 2 on my iPhone and sometimes my iPad Pro . It’s mfi certified. Not exactly the best but it’s portable and fairly cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back