Best setup for $2000
May 18, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #2 of 21
Please let us know if you would like closed or open cans.

Where does most of your music reside (computer, LPs, CDs) so we could recommend a DAC?

Cheers

May 18, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please let us know if you would like closed or open cans.

Where does most of your music reside (computer, LPs, CDs) so we could recommend a DAC?

Cheers

I am leaning more toward open headphones but I wouldn't mind closed ones. I will be listening my music on my computer. Thanks for the help

May 18, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by minigister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am leaning more toward open headphones but I wouldn't mind closed ones. I will be listening my music on my computer. Thanks for the help

So you need, DAC > Amp > phones?

May 18, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #5 of 21
I'll be watching this thread closely
wink.gif

Gotta include an Ed 9 somewhere imo

May 18, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #6 of 21
Are you interested in building this more for music or as a good experience for your video watching. I like many feel that the source is a critical, but often overlooked piece of the landscape if music is the focus.

May 18, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you interested in building this more for music or as a good experience for your video watching. I like many feel that the source is a critical, but often overlooked piece of the landscape if music is the focus.

i will be using it for both music and movies.

May 18, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #11 of 21
Peachtree Decco ($800) + AKG K1000 $1200

I like the Decco concept. It is a USB/Toslink/Coax DAC, preamp, power amp, headamp all in one. You can use any or all of its features. I think it is best as an all in one unit. It would have been a head-fier's dream a year ago to have a single box K1000 computer based audio system.

May 19, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #12 of 21
Bel Canto DAC 2 (used off audiogon) > Singlepower Extreme > $500.00 for any one of many phones in this price range.

May 19, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #14 of 21
$2000 headphone rig for movies and hip hop? hmmmmmmmm... are you sure you need to spend that much? just asking =P

i'd get a Corda Opera with DAC + Darth Beyers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back