Best settings for perfect audio quality
Mar 6, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #16 of 28
  Just select whatever your highest quality music is, or whatever the max is that your gear supports. I really doubt you'll hear a difference, but you could do blind tests if you want to. I don't bother with WASAPI since it stops anything else making sound and it doesn't sound any different to me.

He's looking to get "perfect" sound. The windows mixer can do some harm to things. Either way, I doubt he has appropriate equipment needed to hear the difference anyways.

To the OP. set it 16bit 44.1khz and also tick "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device". This will allow an application to adjust the output if nessesary. Rarely will you be listening to anything better than CD quality sound. A DVD or Blu-ray will be your typical higher bit and sample rate material.

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #20 of 28
It seems that this is going round in circles.

The OP can use DS or WASAPI Shared mode and still hear system and application sounds.
The OP cannot use AISO, WASAPI Exclusive or KS because system and application sounds will be muted.

Mar 9, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #25 of 28
I am using Winamp w/ WASAPI. In exclusive mode, system sounds won't work ONLY when I am playing music on Winamp. The system sounds comes back automatically when I stop/close Winamp. Maybe that can work for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back