Best Selling Headphone Amp Of All Time?
Jan 9, 2004 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Nigel

100+ Head-Fier
Quote from Musical Fidelity supremo Antony Michaelson,

"I believe in the sound of tubes, & the fact that I've sold
35,000 X-10D's, 1,500 X-Pre's & 18,000 X-Cans is a testament to this. It's probably more than all other tube amplifier manufacturers put together."

Jan 10, 2004 at 12:54 AM Post #3 of 8
Yes, I wonder if the 'headphone amp' has reached the highest point of it's popularity. In the UK at least, I can't think of one headphone amp before the X-Cans or Creek, now there is quite a few on the market.

!8,000 is a lot of sales.

Jan 10, 2004 at 1:39 AM Post #4 of 8
Nice to see MF doing so well.

I think headphone usage overall has increased in the past few years. Thanks to Head-Fi, Headwize and Headroom more and more people are taking headphone listening a bit more seriously.

I was surprised to see that the X10D has sold nearly double the amount of XCans. The X10D seems to be rarely talked about these days and very few people even know what it does?

Jan 10, 2004 at 3:06 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Trawlerman
I was surprised to see that the X10D has sold nearly double the amount of XCans. The X10D seems to be rarely talked about these days and very few people even know what it does?

Even those of us who have owned them are not completely sure.
eek.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Nigel
Quote from Musical Fidelity supremo Antony Michaelson,

"I believe in the sound of tubes, & the fact that I've sold
35,000 X-10D's, 1,500 X-Pre's & 18,000 X-Cans is a testament to this. It's probably more than all other tube amplifier manufacturers put together."

THat's "tube amp". I wonder if the Airhead can beat that?

Jan 10, 2004 at 8:30 AM Post #7 of 8
In the UK at least, I can't think of one headphone amp before the X-Cans or Creek.>>

Oops, I forgot about the little headphone amp QED used to/still
make.

Jan 10, 2004 at 12:07 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Nigel
In the UK at least, I can't think of one headphone amp before the X-Cans or Creek.>>

Oops, I forgot about the little headphone amp QED used to/still
make.

By all acounts, the QED is quite forgettable as a headphone amp. Piss poor performance from what i've been told. (I've never heard one myself)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back