Best revenge on ****ty roommate?
Mar 15, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #121 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcarmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You get his phone number and address. You get his parents phone number and address. You get his girl's phone number and address. You then post a classified add on Craig's List about a person with his name and his girls name who is looking for swinging experiences and post a good looking photo.

My friends did something similar to this - they put up an ad for a free gumball machine with my friend's name and number - we did not know this at the time.

So we're sitting there studying for finals, and he gets a call.

"What...no...I think you have the wrong number."

"What was that?"

"Idk, wrong number"

*a few minutes pass"

"Hello? Yes, this is Carlos. Gumball...what?...no. No, that's not me..."

"What was that?"

"Something about a gumball machine and Craigslist?"

"Huh?" - at which point I quickly open firefox to craigslist LA and search for gumballs

"Hey, there's an ad here...is that your number?"

"Yes...What?!"

He got like 30 calls that night, saved most to his voicemail. Some were just really creepy, others were kinda sad (some children's hospital wanted it for the kiddies). I'd do it to someone but that's kinda messed up to put their phone number out there.

Mar 15, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #122 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juaquin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does he occasionally yell "GRENADE!" in his sleep like he's playing COD4?

LOL! I would kill to have a roommate like that! Well, as long as he only does it once every couple of months, not every other night.
tongue.gif

Some guy on OCN was saying how one time he was on a flight, and he was sleeping. He was dreaming of Counter-Strike, and when he woke up, everybody on the plane was staring at him. Turns out that in his sleep, he was shouting out Counter-Strike radio commands.

So he vowed never to drink energy drinks before taking naps.
icon10.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #123 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcarmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Put habenero rub on the rim of his soda.

I wouldn't really care if that happened to me. Then again, I am somewhat numbed to spicy things. I'd check his food tolerance before doing that, he might enjoy it if you don't.

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #124 of 125
I can appreciate that the OP is upset. I can also appreciate that a lot of what is going on here is a list of things it would be FUNNY to see happen to this guy. I hope that the OP takes what is ultimately the best course: just move out and never have contact with this idiot again.

The OP seems pretty angry by now. It sure seems that he's been (like a lot of folks do) stewing in silence at this tool's ridiculous behavior. I can't help but wonder how often, when the roommate was acting stupidly, the OP spoke up and let him know it. For example, playing a loud game of COD4 when most every reasonable person would be trying to sleep is ridiculous. If it were me, I'd get up and say something like, "hey, ****-for-brains, it's 3:30 in the ******* morning...knock it off!". I think that works most of the time.

BTW - To the extent that didn't work, I'd probably get up, calmly put on my shoes, grab the controller out of his hand and stomp on it. But that's just me.

I don't disagree that there are times when, to quote Otter from Animal House, "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part". It's probably best to remember the old Chinese proverb:

Quote:

He who seeks vengeance must dig two graves: one for his enemy and one for himself

You don't know what this guy's capable of once he figures out it's you who messed with him...particularly if it's one of the nastier "mess up my life" pranks I've read here. Maybe that's the point at which he smears salmonella-rich raw chicken juice all over your food. Or maybe he just goes nutboy and decides to take after you with a baseball bat. You don't know, and it's not worth it to find out. Just move out.

I'm not without sympathy, believe me. I had a roommate who was the most narcissistic jackass you'd ever want to meet - it was all about what HE wanted to do. My favorite example: he would turn off my alarm clock in the morning, which was causing me to regularly miss my 8:00 AM class. I understand that he didn't like waiting for me to get up and turn it off - I was a very sound sleeper, and it took a few seconds for it to even register that the alarm was going off - but it's MY alarm clock, damnit, and you don't touch it. He always claimed that he couldn't help it, that he got up, half asleep, and switched it off. Of course, I didn't buy this. One morning, I happened to wake up early. I sat in bed and waited for the alarm to ring. When he got up to turn it off, I whipped a shoe at him - it hit him in the back of the head - and shouted at him "I meant what I said - you don't TOUCH my alarm clock!". Guess what? He never got up and turned my alarm clock off again. Among other things, it saved me from the consequences of getting angrier and angrier so that I'd feel justified doing something really stupid.

Just walk away...it will be better for everyone. At some point, this guy will learn a hard lesson about his behavior, and all will be well in the world again.

Mar 15, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #125 of 125
OP, just forget about this individual. Now you may wish to do something to get even but you will regret it. Revenge is not sweet.

Plus if you are caught, well you will have to do a lot of explaining to the university and may even get expelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back