Best replacement cable for UE TF10?
Aug 2, 2012 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

willpayne

Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've been looking around for a new replacement cable for my TF10's. I have to admit, the stock cable isn't that good. My budget is around $30-$40! I am not really looking to 'improve' the SQ (I love the way the TF10 sounds as is :)), just for an all-around good replacement cable! Thanks and comments are greatly appreciated.

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #4 of 23
You can try the JH cables they are good too. I have an extra one if you want it for cheap just PM me. 

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #5 of 23
For that amount of money, the Westone cables are greatly encouraged (although you might need to file down the pins a bit).

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #9 of 23
I don't want to have to file down the pins on the cable, I'd rather have a replacement cable that fits the TF10. What cables those? Thanks everyone for your comments, btw :)

Hi,

I recently purchased one of these silver plated cables for my TF10 with great results. They're fairly well build and IMO definitely improve the sound offering more air / detail, bass tightens up and becomes more powerful, highs feel better extended and overall a much smoother sound, I'm hearing mirco detailing that wasn't present in the stock cable on tracks I've listened to for months, also when songs fade out towards the end you can hear every single little whisper until it's gone.

Goodluck.

PS: Check his items he has others too. :smile:

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

I wish I had $150 to spend, but I've heard that cable is awesome! Thanks for the link
Quote:
Hi,
I recently purchased one of these silver plated cables for my TF10 with great results. They're fairly well build and IMO definitely improve the sound offering more air / detail, bass tightens up and becomes more powerful, highs feel better extended and overall a much smoother sound, I'm hearing mirco detailing that wasn't present in the stock cable on tracks I've listened to for months, also when songs fade out towards the end you can hear every single little whisper until it's gone.
Goodluck.
PS: Check his items he has others too.
smile.gif

Sweet!!! Who makes this cable? Thanks for the link, btw.

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #13 of 23
Ok, thanks! How long does it take to get it?

Funny you say that, mine arrived in about 4 - 5 days from Honk Kong to Australia (normally two weeks for most items) It was registered and he threw in a set of foam tips for free as well. He has the same cable in white called "White Angel" (same cable strands with a different jack connector) I preferred the Dark Lord.

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:
Funny you say that, mine arrived in about 4 - 5 days from Honk Kong to Australia (normally two weeks for most items) It was registered and he threw in a set of foam tips for free as well. He has the same cable in white called "White Angel" (same cable strands with a different jack connector) I preferred the Dark Lord.

Ok, thanks for that! Know any places where I could get the Jaben ES8 cable? I might want to get another to compare :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back