Best Rapper Now?
May 9, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #61 of 177
The majority of hip hop i call my favorite to is from the 1990-2002 era which i think is the golden age, a much smaller portion of my collection is 5-10 albums from each year since.

May 9, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #62 of 177

Quote:
Never said I was a rock person... It was how he chose to categorize me. Plus it doesn't make "us" look any worse than the people who think any music minus classical is heresy ^__^. People are going to have strong opinions, that can't be changed. The only thing that can be changed is peoples willingness to participate in intelligent debate instead of a holier than thou game of tag. Since the first of that is not to be found here, which is perfectly fine, we should just move on.  Also, no one seems to want to accept my peace offering and give me any suggestions...

It really bewilders me how you scold me for an "attack" when he directly and physically threatened me, as hypothetical as it was. I am not going to flag his post because I simply don't care enough, but I am shocked by the level of immaturity and disrespect for me, and the forum. Shocked in the sense I am surprised, not offended. I expect to find opinionated people here, and that is fine, thats what makes forums great, but garbage like that is unacceptable. Go ahead and flag mine if you feel so self righteous and vindictive, but you would do better to put things in perspective. Perhaps then it would be nice and clear I did not cross any lines.

My response was foremost a rebuddle, and secondly putting his words in perspective, however unflattering and cold it may be perceived, is not in any way shape or form an attack. I didn't put words in his mouth, I didn't mock him and I didn't threaten him in any way. If he does not like my suggestions/advice and comments then perhaps he should have been more civilized in the first place. -_-

Also, you are quite correct in stating you are not a mod, so please - don't act like one.

Wait, I offered you a suggestion. Did you listen to it?

Also, I didn't let him off the hook. You did sort of accuse him of being an unhappy person and tell him to seek therapy, which you must admit could be perceived as an attack.

I didn't act like a mod at all. It is within my ability to call one's attention to this thread, not to inflict punishment upon anyone, nor is that my goal.

@racer: Hey, that kid's good. I love Cecil for his personality, you gotta love that fedora.

I know this one's already been mentioned before, but I thought I'd post it anyway - Lupe freestyle.

May 9, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #63 of 177
I can relate 100%. I lived with my college friends this past year (not in college myself) and EVERY time we went to a party I had to listen to crappy lil wayne (not the older carter 1 stuff) and Asher Roth. Boy did that make me hate college kids. dancing like whore and spilling beer on me like animals. I get that (in that situation) not being big on hip hop/rap music how you could see it in a very bad light. Thank fully we through some parties and I played all kinds of stupid stuff (Sage Francis, Lupe, Freezepop, Hank Williams, etc.), we didn't have many people come over after I did that
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
Rap is popular now-a-days and I do not live under a rock, I am in college. Although at this point I wish I could escape it, I am constantly exposed to rap.

May 9, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #64 of 177
Did you guys check "a place for my head" by linking park out?

I would be curious to see what you think of it. 

May 9, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #65 of 177
I've got that Linkin Park album. Can't say I'm a huge fan of Shinoda on that track, but it's not bad. My favorite Linkin Park songs with him are "In the End" and "Bleed it Out."

May 9, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #66 of 177
<3 in the end... such an epic song

A place for my head  is not my fav track but as far as rapping I thought it was his best on the album. 

May 9, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #67 of 177
May 9, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #68 of 177
Anything from Rhyme Sayers tickles my ear drums. They have a really good line up almost all of the time.

Here is an epic battle I saved between Murs (of living Legends) and Eyedea. As far as I can Murs lives his life talking in freestyles.

Audio gets better at 0:50

May 11, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #72 of 177
Hard to say about "best", but I very much like Karpe Diem. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back