1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best Produced Classical Album

Discussion in 'Music' started by feddar, Dec 1, 2019.
  1. feddar
    Now that I have a great set of headphones (Focal Utopia), I have been listening to more and more classical music. I am finding that albums released after 2015 have far better sound than those prior to that. In fact, I am finding that I am listening more to the sound of the instruments than the music itself. I guess that is why I am drifting into modern classical.

An example of one such album is The Law of Mosaics, by A Far Cry. Their other album, Visions and Visitations, was nominated for best produced album in 2019. A more ‘normal’ genre with great recording is String Quartets, Vol 4: Schubert, by Engegård Quartet.

Do you have any classical albums that have great sound? (Preferably available on Tidal)

2. prionsarebad
    I am a mostly classical listener and despite having a Google play music subscription I took out the Tidal 4 months hi-fi subscription for £1.99.....and I've been blown away by the quality of the studio master recordings....even for old famous recordings like the Rostropovich/Karajan Dvorak. As you say though, the more recent recordings are often incredible.

3. feddar
    I guess there aren't many classical listeners here...