Best price for HE-400?
Oct 21, 2012 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Sniping

500+ Head-Fier
I've decided to invest in HiFiMan's HE-400's but before I pull the trigger, I want to get a good deal. I hear stories about people getting the HE-400 for ~$350 but I can only find them for $400. Will they ever be on sale? I checked a few places but it seems as if they're all selling for $400. If you can predict when there might be a sale or know of a site selling it for less, that would be great, I can wait until about Christmas time. Oh yeah, one more kinda off topic thing, would it be a good choice if I get the velour pads? 

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #2 of 26
Ask for a price from moon audio, should be able to get a cheaper price without the return policy. Or just buy used. Velours HUGE yes. If possible get a used with velours because the pads at $30 shipped.

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #3 of 26
Quote:
Ask for a price from moon audio, should be able to get a cheaper price without the return policy. Or just buy used. Velours HUGE yes. If possible get a used with velours because the pads at $30 shipped.

Do those guys who get the MoonAud deals still have the option to carry out replacements via HeadDirect?

Oct 21, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #4 of 26
Thanks, I'm clear on that now. On one last thing before I'm confident: Which amp and dac?
I've heard the O2 and ODAC are a good combo, but I don't know. I'm shooting for good value, what would be best for my future HE-400s? If it matters, I listen from my computer only, so the setup isn't going anywhere. Thanks again in advance, I apologize for going off topic but I want to get the second bird with my stone. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #5 of 26
Quote:
Thanks, I'm clear on that now. On one last thing before I'm confident: Which amp and dac?
I've heard the O2 and ODAC are a good combo, but I don't know. I'm shooting for good value, what would be best for my future HE-400s? If it matters, I listen from my computer only, so the setup isn't going anywhere. Thanks again in advance, I apologize for going off topic but I want to get the second bird with my stone. 

You should probably go for the ODAC, I'm going portable with mine so I'm picking up the e17's most likely.

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #6 of 26
The asgard was a pretty good fit unless you are picky. Alternatively there is the Essence ST card which is an excellent amp/dac combo, enough to drive the 400s very well (though you might want more if you use heavy EQ.

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #9 of 26
Quote:
Are these with shipping included? And do you know if they are the latest model and not the rev 3?

AFAIK all authorized retailers have refreshed their HE400 stocks from rev3 to rev2. As for the earpads no those don't include shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back