Best Portable Wireless Headphones for Gym/Running/ect under $200
Jun 21, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #16 of 35

I forgot to address battery life that you brought up earlier. I don't have any accurate measurements of the battery lives of these headphones. With pretty high volume setting BTE-50 battery lasts about 5 hours or 4 workouts. However, I charge them every other night just to be safe. BTE-50 warns you when the battery is low, but the battery only lasts like 5 minutes after the warning. Thus it is best to just avoid reaching the warning point entirely.

BTE-50 might have the worst battery life of all the models I have had, but they're also the loudest in volume. 

That's not too great battery life. Mine is 10 hours and has plenty of volume for me.

Jul 23, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #18 of 35
  Have you tried the JBL Rox? Theere was also good reviews on the SOL Republic Shadow as well 

I have not. Are either of them under $150? What about $100?

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #19 of 35
I'm thinking about those JLabs... post up your thoughts when you gEt them, please!

I've had the Epics for about two weeks and I like them.
They fit my ears well and don't come off.

Had the Jabra Rox but would not stay in my ears.

I've read positive feedback on Sony's SBH80. Some state it has the best SQ for a Bluetooth.  Sony claims "splash proof" so I chose to stick to a pair with at least a IPX4 sweat proof rating.  Jlab claims the Epics are sweat proof and washable.

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #20 of 35
Guys this is very cool thread ! Thanks so much for the info, SoAmusing777 thanks for the feedback on the JLab and the link. ALso thanks Banana for the overall reviews !!!

I also need to make a choice and buy new headphones for the gym ...

Oct 14, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #21 of 35
Great thread, thanks for the input.

I have the Bose MIE2s and I'm sick of cables! I also don't like fidgeting with the earbuds if the cable tugs on them; I always have to spend 5 minutes, carefully routing my cable though my running shirt, clipping it strategically, and hoping it doesn't jar loose.

I use my iPhone 6 while running so I can play Spotify @ 320kbps and also use my Nike+ app to track my runs; update me with times; let me know distances.

I want to go Bluetooth: and ideally, get some more bass. I see the reviews thus far have kind of been all over the map; since everyone's ears are different. A few questions:

- How easy is it to change the volume & change to the next track while running in the BTE50?

- Has anyone tried the SoundPEATS QY7 V4.1?

- Which (of any Bluetooth running/work out headphone) have the best bass response?

Thanks!

ps, I'd ideally like to spend < $100 for now; as I am also knocking out my first pair of "nice" over ear phones this week.

Oct 14, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #22 of 35

I tried all the tips with JLab Epic BT, but couldn't get it to seal in my left ear comfortably with any size. With BTE-50 I get a great fit with large tips. Controls work well with iPhone 6: +/- buttons adjust volume, long presses of +/- will get you to the next or previous track, and a press of power button acts as play/pause button. They seem to be sweat-resistant enough, whereas Meelectronics X7 broke on me just about every other day, the BTE-50 has stood strong for over a month now without issues.

In the end of the day I keep using BTE-50, which is great because they're cheap too. 
regular_smile%20.gif

Sorry for the double post; but I just re-read the comments in this thread and the above ^ has me pretty much sold on at least trying out my first pair of BT headphones. Especially for the price.

Still curious is anyone has tried the SoundPEATS QY7 V4.1 - and if someone could comment on the BTE-50 bass quality/presence?

THX

Oct 14, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #23 of 35
I'm pretty sure you won't regret going wireless! I have never encountered SoundPEATS QY7, so I can't comment on those, but seems like they have also QY8 out. They're probably alright for working out too. 
smile.gif

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #24 of 35
I'm pretty sure you won't regret going wireless! I have never encountered SoundPEATS QY7, so I can't comment on those, but seems like they have also QY8 out. They're probably alright for working out too. :smile:

It appears the QY8 has poor reviews on Amazon compared to the QY7; and also lack volume control, which is a deal breaker for me.

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #25 of 35
Edit: ordered the BTE-50. For the price and Bananas comments... I feel like I spent too much time watching YouTube videos and reading Amazon reviews, lol.

Thanks guys.

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #26 of 35
BTE-50 is on sale on Amazon.com now. With a code eb50sale they can be had for $13, which is a true bargain in my opinion. 

Link to the product:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00QMSGGIO

Oct 21, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #27 of 35
BTE-50 is on sale on Amazon.com now. With a code eb50sale 
they can be had for $13, which is a true bargain in my opinion. 

Link to the product:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00QMSGGIO

God dammit! What a steal.

I've been loving mine, especially at the gym.

Running they isolate so well I can get a bit of a "pounding effect" when my feet hit the ground and the song is in a pause or lower ambient noise moment.

$13 is an absolute steal.

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #28 of 35
Wonder if that's an accident. Regardless, they are unavailable on Amazon.

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #30 of 35
Just wanted to throw a Q. Which do you think is best wireless headphones jabra Reevo or AKG y50BT as I mainly use them. In the gym

No clue. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back