Best Portable Wireless Headphones for Gym/Running/ect under $200
Apr 19, 2015 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

SoAmusing777

1000+ Head-Fier
Battery life is quite important, as is sound quality (I have a pair of IE800's from Senn, so it's not that important), water/sweat resistance...

I'm cool with over ear (not on ear), but mostly probably looking at in ear. Just whatever will get the job done. Any suggestions?

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 35
bumpp

May 1, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 35
BUMP!

May 21, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #4 of 35
Helloooooooo. Anyone?

May 21, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #5 of 35
Meelectronics X7 would be excellent otherwise, but I had 3 warranty replacements already. Each pair lasted 2 workouts or so and I doubt it's due to sweating even when they're labeled as sweat resistant. If you don't sweat much I'd recommend them because of superior fit and very good sound. An another good option is JBL Synchros Reflect BT, but their sound quality was not that good to me since I couldn't get any of the provided tips to offer very good seal. JLab had some wireless workout IEMs too, but those kept coming off of my ears while running on treadmill–otherwise they were very solid pair of bluetooth IEMs though.

May 21, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #6 of 35
  Meelectronics X7 would be excellent otherwise, but I had 3 warranty replacements already. Each pair lasted 2 workouts or so and I doubt it's due to sweating even when they're labeled as sweat resistant. If you don't sweat much I'd recommend them because of superior fit and very good sound. An another good option is JBL Synchros Reflect BT, but their sound quality was not that good to me since I couldn't get any of the provided tips to offer very good seal. JLab had some wireless workout IEMs too, but those kept coming off of my ears while running on treadmill–otherwise they were very solid pair of bluetooth IEMs though.

Back to square one then.

May 21, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #7 of 35
Product that I'm really looking forward to is Adidas Performance Adistar Bluetooth ACT by Monster mentioned in this article. However, I do not know when they're going to be released. I have had good experiences with Monster's sport headphones, but all models I have tried so far have been wired. 

May 29, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #8 of 35
I ended up getting some JLab Epic Bluetooth's for $90 shipped new straight from their site. This way I can do a warranty return if needed. We'll see how it goes.

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #10 of 35
I'm thinking about those JLabs... post up your thoughts when you gEt them, please!

The photive BTE-50's look interesting for how low the price was, but the reviews just stated it was better fitting and lesser sound quality than what they had before, so I stuck to my purchase. I'll let ya know!

Jun 19, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #11 of 35
  The photive BTE-50's look interesting for how low the price was, but the reviews just stated it was better fitting and lesser sound quality than what they had before, so I stuck to my purchase. I'll let ya know!

I have had JLab Epic BT but I didn't like them that much because of the fit. I actually prefer Photive BTE-50 over them and don't feel that they would be any worse in sound quality department either. 

Jun 20, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #12 of 35
I'm thinking about those JLabs... post up your thoughts when you gEt them, please!

I actually really like them. Great bass, average mids and highs. Not siblant at all. It does sound congested from what I'm use to, but it's great for what they are designed for so far. I hate there isn't a mute button though. 
Quote:http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-exercise-headphones/ - Wirecutter is updating their review making the EPIC Bluetooth their top pick, which is awesome considering how wirecutter is. Just check out their about page. I love em.

I have had JLab Epic BT but I didn't like them that much because of the fit. I actually prefer Photive BTE-50 over them and don't feel that they would be any worse in sound quality department either. 

The fit is fine for me with the medium size tips (non-dual flange). If the fit is an issue, you can try other tips as well. Nice, but the BTE-50 battery is 3 hours less according to their site, is a bit larger (how's the on board controls?), and doesn't list anything for IPX rating, just "sweat-resistant". The specs I think are off on Amazon for them. Plus, people were saying while the BTE-50 fits better than the previous model, it doesn't sound as good.

Jun 20, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #13 of 35
  The fit is fine for me with the medium size tips (non-dual flange). If the fit is an issue, you can try other tips as well. Nice, but the BTE-50 battery is 3 hours less according to their site, it a bit larger (how's the on board controls?), and doesn't list anything for IPX rating, just "sweat-resistant". The specs I think are off on Amazon for them. Plus, people were saying while the BTE-50 fits better than the previous model, it doesn't sound as good.

I tried all the tips with JLab Epic BT, but couldn't get it to seal in my left ear comfortably with any size. With BTE-50 I get a great fit with large tips. Controls work well with iPhone 6: +/- buttons adjust volume, long presses of +/- will get you to the next or previous track, and a press of power button acts as play/pause button. They seem to be sweat-resistant enough, whereas Meelectronics X7 broke on me just about every other day, the BTE-50 has stood strong for over a month now without issues.

I have no experience with the previous model of BTE-50, but the sound quality of current version is more than adequate for my use at gym or outdoor exercises. For me durability, ease of use, and the fit are the most important factors when considering wireless sport earphones. As long as sound quality remains acceptable then it's good enough.

I have had JBL Synchros Reflect BT, Meelectronics X7, JLab Epic BT, Bluedio S3 and Photive BTE-50. BTE-50 is the best overall package of those four IMO.

Fit:
X7 > BTE-50 > JBL > S3 > JLab

Durability (I don't know how JLab would rank since I didn't keep them for long):
S3 > BTE-50 > JBL > X7

Ease of use:
X7 = BTE-50 = JLab = JBL > S3

(S3 has worse remote compared to any of the others)

Sound quality:
X7 > JLab ≥ BTE-50 > JBL > S3

In the end of the day I keep using BTE-50, which is great because they're cheap too. 
regular_smile .gif

Jun 20, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #14 of 35

I tried all the tips with JLab Epic BT, but couldn't get it to seal in my left ear comfortably with any size. With BTE-50 I get a great fit with large tips. Controls work well with iPhone 6: +/- buttons adjust volume, long presses of +/- will get you to the next or previous track, and a press of power button acts as play/pause button. They seem to be sweat-resistant enough, whereas Meelectronics X7 broke on me just about every other day, the BTE-50 has stood strong for over a month now without issues.

I have no experience with the previous model of BTE-50, but the sound quality of current version is more than adequate for my use at gym or outdoor exercises. For me durability, ease of use, and the fit are the most important factors when considering wireless sport earphones. As long as sound quality remains acceptable then it's good enough.

In the end of the day I keep using BTE-50, which is great because they're cheap too. 
regular_smile%20.gif

I see. Wonderful. I just thought the controls looked tiny. Yeah, I remember you mentioning the MeElectronics. Glad I didn't get em. 

It's not a previous model of that BTE-50, it has a different number. That's great though man. They really are cheap.

Jun 20, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #15 of 35
  I see. Wonderful. I just thought the controls looked tiny. Yeah, I remember you mentioning the MeElectronics. Glad I didn't get em. 

It's not a previous model of that BTE-50, it has a different number. That's great though man. They really are cheap.

I forgot to address battery life that you brought up earlier. I don't have any accurate measurements of the battery lives of these headphones. With pretty high volume setting BTE-50 battery lasts about 5 hours or 4 workouts. However, I charge them every other night just to be safe. BTE-50 warns you when the battery is low, but the battery only lasts like 5 minutes after the warning. Thus it is best to just avoid reaching the warning point entirely.

BTE-50 might have the worst battery life of all the models I have had, but they're also the loudest in volume. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back