Best portable source?
Jan 1, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:
As of late, i have been into the bass heavy music, such as dubstep, trance, techno, etc. Occasionally some newer hip-hop and old-school rap. 50% of my library is beatles, eagles, and the such, but i find myself skipping through those quite often.

I wonder if the Vmoda M80 would be too pricey?  That's getting up to appx $160 US.  Good style, closed design, very nice portability.  On the question of headphones, a great starting point would be to peruse Joker's thread on portable headphones.  Terrific introduction and overview:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-107-portable-headphones-reviewed-astrotec-as-100hd-as-200hd-added-12-02-12 

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:
I wonder if the Vmoda M80 would be too pricey?  That's getting up to appx $160 US.  Good style, closed design, very nice portability.  On the question of headphones, a great starting point would be to peruse Joker's thread on portable headphones.  Terrific introduction and overview:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-107-portable-headphones-reviewed-astrotec-as-100hd-as-200hd-added-12-02-12 

Didn't know about those, definitely interested. I was considering the audiotechnica M50, are these a major step up from those?

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:
Didn't know about those, definitely interested. I was considering the audiotechnica M50, are these a major step up from those?

Don't think they are necessarily a step up compared to the M50s.  E.g. the M50s might give you
more detail.  Vmoda's were smoother and warmer to my ears.  But sounded good
on bass-centric music during the brief listen I had with them.  Also really liked how the Vmodas
are sized and styled.

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #20 of 22
may I ask one silly question?
what is the difference between my note 2 and colorfly and nova..cowon..and other seems "specifically designed" for music device?

the sound quality?but my note 2 sounds great..I need to purchase those device and ditch note 2? I also heard they said note 2 dac is good..

thanks for the respond..

Jan 26, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:
may I ask one silly question?
what is the difference between my note 2 and colorfly and nova..cowon..and other seems "specifically designed" for music device?

the sound quality?but my note 2 sounds great..I need to purchase those device and ditch note 2? I also heard they said note 2 dac is good..

thanks for the respond..

DAC. amp. audio wiring and implementation. Note 2 DAC is good , but if you compare it to high end players like ibasso dx 100 and other players like it? you are losing out quite a bit, you don't need to completely ditch the note 2 , there is no reason to do that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back