Best portable headphone amp-DAC
Oct 2, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #32 of 37
I purchased the Hugo 2 and a pair of Kennerton Odin mk2 just about 13 months ago, IMO this is the real deal if you have the budget.

Oct 2, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #33 of 37
By the way i'm done with headphone rigs, i will now concentrate on my future ultra high end speaker rig.

Oct 2, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #35 of 37
How would the micro BL compare in length to an iPhone 7. Not the plus model.
I’ve been eyeing them for the CA Cascades but look like it would be longer in length and maybe even width.
Don’t need something super portable but comfortable enough to stack and hold in 1 hand
Sorry, I totally missed your quote. I see that you chose to go with the iDSD. I never got to try it but I wanted to give it a try. How is it working out for you? I do like the things that ifi puts out there.

Oct 2, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #36 of 37
Sorry, I totally missed your quote. I see that you chose to go with the iDSD. I never got to try it but I wanted to give it a try. How is it working out for you? I do like the things that ifi puts out there.
I got the xdsd from ifi and I think it is a very good unit. I actually changed from direct connection via camera kit for iPhone to BT and I cannot tell a difference.
The xdsd works nice with my the Cascades and even my sensitive Andromedas. The feature I like the best is actually how small and accurate the volume wheel steps are which is useful with sensitive IEM

Oct 3, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #37 of 37
I have the mojo and iDSD BL but I recently listened to my buddy’s Hugo2 and I was absolutely floored. It’s a pricey piece of equipment no doubt but I’m on the hunt to find one in the classified. Even if it means liquidating some stock to make it happen. Just my two cents but it definitely tops my list for portable DAC/amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back