Best portable cans?
Apr 9, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by reds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will hd-25 be too tight for people wear glasses??
i was interested in the proline 750 for portable but hd25 looks much more portable

I wear glasses and auditioned the HD25-1s for a good 30 minutes without feeling any discomfort.

One key note is to get the HD25-1 and not the HD25SP. The SP is a stripped down version and doesn't sound nearly as good. So make sure you get the HD25-1!

Apr 9, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #18 of 36
Massive hd-25 crowd here
biggrin.gif

I'd say ES2 as Matt Carter suggests (without having tried them). But then again you say "cans" -so I guess you're looking for on-your-head-phones?

I like the hd-25 (in some ways) but the pressure it makes on the ears is not for me. I actually get dizzy from it. But if you don't mind they are pretty good portables I'd say.

What about a pair of Ultrasones

Apr 9, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #19 of 36
Thanks for the suggestions so far people.

Definately looking for cans though, as I said earlier I already have a pair of E4C's.

Looks like the HD25-1 are the front runners at the moment, anyone else have other suggestions?

Apr 9, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenochimera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
koss ksc 75.

These sound great (even better with mods), and are cheap, but they have the crappiest isolation ever, so if that's something you want I'd say look elsewhere.

Apr 9, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #25 of 36
Apr 10, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #27 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1984 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the suggestions so far people.

Definately looking for cans though, as I said earlier I already have a pair of E4C's.

Looks like the HD25-1 are the front runners at the moment, anyone else have other suggestions?

Yes, buy the Sennheiser HD25-1's, get the velour pads because the standard pads get a bit....... hot under the ears after an hour or so.

But i think the HD25-1's are the cans for portable use because of the size of the cans themselves. they're not quite full size, which is a good thing for walking around town in.

you won't look like a local, with half a coconut strapped to each side of your head, which is nice!

Apr 10, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #29 of 36
So how is the isolation on these? I'm looking for the same thing as the original poster; a set of cans that can be used in places like trains. Id also be switching from E4s - anyone tried both of these (or the other suggestions made in this thread) to advise on the differences between these and the E4? Is there a world of difference with the recable?

Apr 10, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #30 of 36
I'm going to use my Darth's for portable. They have leather pads but are also open and breathe well. ah, to stroll down the street with a pair of **** strapped to my head......pure evil

DSC00702.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back