Best Portable Bluetooth Earphones
Nov 26, 2009 at 8:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Mark_Louis

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone. I will buy a wireless bluetooth earphone for use in the gym. I know at this time wireless earphones are not at par with wired ones, but still I want to buy the best-sounding wireless earphones out there. I don't want full cans. I prefer IEMs.

It would be best if you can give suggestions per price bracket, i.e., below $150, $151-$250, etc.

Thanks!

Nov 26, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #2 of 19
does it have to be bluetooth? i dont think theres really any good bluetooth iem's that i know of. also there probably isnt a large selection on these.

however if this helps you the only wireless iem's that i do know of are the sleek sa6 and sa1. they arent bluetooth but a different technology . you can look up reviews of the sa6 by searching for it but with the sa1 since it is new you will have to wait until some people here get them.

Nov 26, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #3 of 19
^^ Thanks for the fast reply!

No, it doesn't have to be bluetooth.

Supra-aural, earbuds, ear clips (?) or IEMs will do. I just don't like full cans for the gym.

Thanks for the tip about sleek audio. I've been to SA's website. The products look interesting. Will put them in my list.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #4 of 19
I have a small collection of bluetooth receivers with 3.5mm headphone out, so I can plug in any of my IEMs.
The best I found to date is the Samsung SBH900
Close second: Sony Ericsson HBH-DS205

Sound quality is reasonable and certainly good enough for noisy environments.

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #8 of 19
I suggest getting a separate blutooth transiever and some IEMs, the A2DP sets are superior to these ears. but then you might be up for something closer to 250 including some halfway good IEMs, money better spend on a nice set of IEMs with a non-microphonic and light cord IMO

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #9 of 19
thank you james, mark and qusp(?). The SBH 900 looks nice. I'll try to check it out. I prefer something without wires hanging below my neck, like this: http://www.techfresh.net/wp-content/...rola-s9-01.jpg. By the way, how long is the wire of the Sony Ericsson DS200 or DS205?

As an alternative to wireless earphones, I'm thinking of getting an ipod shuffle and an IEM with a very short wire, like the Senn CX 95 or CX 550. What do you guys think? The problem is, the CX95 seems to be sold only in Europe/UK. Can anyone please recommend IEMs with short wire?

Nov 26, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #10 of 19
I have also the Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800 which has just a wire round the neck. Sound quality is good, but the gripe with this type of headsets is that wireless works best along a line of sight. When the source is in front and the headset antenna (= cable) on your backside the risk of dropouts is much higher. I also have tried the Motorola S9 which had even more frequent dropouts than the IS800.

The cable length of headsets like the DS200 is normally between 40 and 60cm.

AFAIK short wired IEMs are most of the Shures, Jays, some Audio Technicas (e.g. CKM50), Sony SL named phones and expensive, but my favorite of them all, Sennheiser IE8 with optional short cord.

Hope this helps.

Nov 26, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_Louis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thank you james, mark and qusp(?). The SBH 900 looks nice. I'll try to check it out. I prefer something without wires hanging below my neck, like this: http://www.techfresh.net/wp-content/...rola-s9-01.jpg. By the way, how long is the wire of the Sony Ericsson DS200 or DS205?

As an alternative to wireless earphones, I'm thinking of getting an ipod shuffle and an IEM with a very short wire, like the Senn CX 95 or CX 550. What do you guys think? The problem is, the CX95 seems to be sold only in Europe/UK. Can anyone please recommend IEMs with short wire?

erm the ds200 and 205 have no cable per say, they do come with with some buds but they arent great. they have a 3.5mm socket so you can plug in anything you like

Nov 27, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #15 of 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Back