Best portable amp for boosting bass?
Apr 18, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ypoknons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Generally amps give you bass gets you tighter, better defined bass, not necessarily more.... What exactly are you trying to do there? Drummer who can't hear the drums? Your headphones not sounding enough like a club?

I'm just trying to recreate the sound I get at home on the go. So far my current PMP's can't do this so I was looking into either grabbing up on an amp or new PMP. The bass sounds too muddy and I have to crank up the volume too high to get the sound I am looking for. That's why I thought an amp would be a good investment but I am unsure which to get. The Arrow seems very portable and cheaper, so it may be a good choice if I decide to go that route. Kind of wanted to get some assurance that I would not be wasting my money.

Apr 18, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #17 of 25
My newly arrived TTVJ Slim already displays a nice, "tube-quality" sound when paired with a JH16 without being overly bassy. Since I'm also trying to break in a Protector, it is an interesting contrast. If you like the tube-like sound signature vs the more analytical one the Protector offers, I would strongly recommend the TTVJ Slim.

Posted some pix here of both setups, driven from an iMod.

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #18 of 25
I really like my Arrow 12HE. The bass switch works well.

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by warp08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My newly arrived TTVJ Slim already displays a nice, "tube-quality" sound when paired with a JH16 without being overly bassy. Since I'm also trying to break in a Protector, it is an interesting contrast. If you like the tube-like sound signature vs the more analytical one the Protector offers, I would strongly recommend the TTVJ Slim.

I'm with warp....TTVJ Slim offers exceptional bass quality. Soft...subtle..tight at times....others, depending the song.... feels like it is running through me.

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdotfire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kind of wanted to get some assurance that I would not be wasting my money.

TTVJ offers a 30 day money back guarantee....I think your money is safe if you don't like it....could be worth a try.

Apr 19, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdotfire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bass sounds too muddy and I have to crank up the volume too high to get the sound I am looking for. That's why I thought an amp would be a good investment but I am unsure which to get.

Ah, so better than bass than more bass. I can agree with that.

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #22 of 25
get a go-vibe magnum or go-vibe VB. u can adjust your bass till it covers all the other ranges hahaha

this is because both have a bass adjustable knob
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

hey warp08!!

would you mind doing a comparison/review of boths amps?
i'd be very interested to know your findings!
thanks very much!

Apr 19, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ypoknons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, so better than bass than more bass. I can agree with that.

Exactly
L3000.gif

So right now I am inbetween the Arrow, GoVibe VB or Vulcan, or PicoSlim. The money back gurantee might be worth while, but I can get the GoVibe's for a discount because my VB's crapped out from Jaben and they are hooking me up on my next purchase. I am concerned about the Arrow because I have read they created some disturbance with the iPhone, but someone wants to trade my 160G iPod for a Cowon and that may not be an issue. So, I don't really care about that as much as I do which amp will have the most ability for customization of bass levels (seems like GoVibe) and create an overall great sound (Pico or RSA?). The Arrow's have been compared to many amps which are twice their price while the Pico Slim is getting great feedback. I don't know too much about the quality of GoVibe products, need to do some more research. Triad Audio Lisa III is still not out of the question either, but is it reallly worth it for $500+?

Maybe I will order both the GoVibe (which one should I get?) and the PicoSlim and sell whichever I don't like, unless it's the Pico and I will return it
redface.gif

Thanks all.

Apr 19, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

How would you characterize the differences between a "tube-quality" sound and an analytical sound? Not too familiar with these differences in amps, thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back