Best portable amp for ATH-M50???
Dec 9, 2009 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Damien269

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone!

I just bought some ATH-M50 and I'm now thinking of getting an amp. It would need to be portable (not to big) and not to expensive (around $100).
I meanly listen to trance, techno, house, electro, but i also listen to hip hop and other bass oriented kinds of music.

So thats about it: Which portable should I get for my ATH-M50?

Thanks

Jan 15, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #3 of 4
I got a fiio E1 running into my m50s from my iPhone - the difference is pretty subtle - slightly more laid back vocals - slightly tighter bass and a little smoother on the treble - the E1 doesn't give a bass boost, its pretty flat.

There are quite a few cmoy available on ebay, plus there is the Caffiene Ultra and Cmoy BB which I think (of the top of my head) are in your price range...

Other than that, I think maybe nuforce icon mobile may be in budget too.

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #4 of 4
for around 100 bucks you can get the headroom total airhead amp. which is a great portable amp and is only 89 dollars right now at headphone.com. They are great for improving sound quality but im not sure how great they will be with the ATH M50's because I have never paired the 2 together. Other then that You can get a FiiO E7 which is around 100 dollars US,

You should check up on both of them before commiting to one. 

Two last points,

the ATH M50 runs pretty well without an amp/

and there aren't that many amps at that price range, so if you buy this and want an even better amp later, I would think about considering saving up for a better amp which will have better results

Users who are viewing this thread

Back