Best portable amp/dac combo for the money?
Apr 11, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #16 of 23
What type of headphones are you using?
I own the Oppo Ha-2SE.
With many types of headphones , Closed back planar, open dynamic, IEM's
I can honestly say I am in love with this little piece of Hifi!
I travel a lot and it is an essential part of my kit. I go everywhere with it.
The sound if crisp and sharp, the built quality if great, the ease of use and features are good also (can also charge your phone if needed)
Highly recommended from me.

James

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #17 of 23
I'm liking the Topping NX4DSD. I haven't compared to Oppo HA-2SE or the iFi Nano BL as of yet.

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #18 of 23
What headphones are you driving?

Apr 11, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #20 of 23
Didn't Oppo just declare bankruptcy? I don't know if service, firmware, and all that will continue.

Apr 11, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #22 of 23
Didn't Oppo just declare bankruptcy? I don't know if service, firmware, and all that will continue.

True, I forgot about this...
Dropping 400$ on a product that might be defective in the long run without a replacement might be an issue for sure...
I still stand by this product. But it is a double edged sword...

Apr 11, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #23 of 23
I don't know if its worthy to mention here, after listening to some entry level players like the flio x5ii, xduoo x10 and dacs like the dragonfly black, I ended up having a 2 year long term relationship with the JDS Labs c5d. I think, it's worthy to mention in a sub 250 class. But don't know if other options are better. It's not fun sounding but 3d, a little thin, totally neutral with a super silent black background. Leckerton audio uha 6 Miki may be also a worthy amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back