1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best portable amp/dac combo for the money?

Next

Last
  1. ultramabi
    Hi I'm wondering what the best amp and dac combo is for the money. Some I'm thinking about is the ifi micro Black label and or the oppo ha2se. What would u recommend if there are any better recommendations?

2. yong_shun
    Below $200:
    1. FIIO Q1 Mk II
    2. Audioquest Dragonfly Black

Below $500:
    1. FIIO Q5
    2. Audioquest Dragonfly Red
    3. Oppo HA2 SE

Below $1000:
    1. Chord Mojo

Above $1000:
    1. Continental Dual Mono from ALO Audio

3. ultramabi
    Ok. Ty for the recommendations.

4. Motocrossman24
    I think the schiit jotunheim or lyr3 are the best amp/dac for the money...you didn’t specify budget, but for the jot with Multibit dac at 600$ with the most powerful balanced amp/dac u will find under a grand possibly more. And the lyr3 with same dac is prob the most powerful single ended setup costing 700$. Both could most likely be end game setups for most people and being that they’re module, when a new dac technology comes out your not stuck buying a new expensive unit, just replace the dac board in the case with the new hype unit.

5. Oscar-HiFi
    Have you tried the gear you are recommending?

Also please read the title of the thread... Best portable amp/dac

6. Redcarmoose
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    Oscar-HiFi likes this.
  7. squee116
    The Chord Mojo didn't wow me. I haven't tried ifi products yet. How portable does it have to be? Like "fit in the pocket" portable? If so, that limits the options.

8. ultramabi
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  9. Redcarmoose
    Never tested the e10k?

10. ultramabi
    Yup, never tested. x.x

11. PopZeus
    If the fiiO Q5 can deliver audio better or equal to the Cayin N5ii, it'd be worth the $350.

12. ultramabi
    Ooh plz let me know if it does if u by any chance find out.

13. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    AudioGD NFB-11

14. gc335
    The ifi Black Label is very good and will easily work as a desktop set up. It's more transportable than portable. I have the Fiio Q5 and really like it.

15. squee116
    ifi just released the xdsd, which is more portable than the nano, with performance that lies between the micro and nano, according to ifi.

Next

Last